• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former UNC-CH Football Player Kills Man

HeavyPetter

Carnal Decadence
Reaction score
A 23-year-old man faces an initial court appearance today on a murder charge after police say he pushed another man in front of a car driving along a street in Dilworth on Saturday night.

“The man in control of the victim didn’t stop,” Cole wrote in an e-mail to the Observer. “He ran right up to the edge of the street and tossed the other man into the traffic lane, with no pause or delay.”

Charlotte Observer Link

Also, a student senator at Charlotte School of Law.

Kenan Gay, a Sanford, NC native, graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and a minor in Entrepreneurship. He enrolled at Charlotte School of Law upon graduation to pursue his Juris Doctor. At this point in his law school career, Mr. Gay is still undecided on the type of law he intends to pursue but does wish to stay in the Charlotte area upon graduation. Mr. Gay is committed to enhancing the educational experience for students at Charlotte School of Law and invites any member of the student body to contact him with suggestions or concerns.

I think Mr. Gay may decide to specialize in criminal appeal work from the state pen in Raleigh.

And we thought guys like Marvin Austin were the worst that Butch had on his team. Although, in Butch's defense, It appears that Mr. Gay never saw the field.

36-wide-reciever-Kenan-Gay.jpg

Clearly more support for those, like me, contending there are too many law schools in NC. ;)

I knew Bobby and he was a very laid back guy...very doubtful that he started or escalated the altercation. His brother played at Dayton under Brian Gregory. Very tragic and very sad.

That sucks. Hardly any traffic on that road at that time of day. Absurd to throw someone into the street, but even crazier that the stars aligned to create such a tragedy. Sounds like the victim was recently engaged.

Have enjoyed a beer or three at Ed's in the past. I think they sponsored giDEACon's bowling league team. Something like this can kill a business.

Friend of the accused's family said the victim was hitting on Gay's girlfriend, wouldn't stop, and that is what started the fight.

Friend of the accused's family said the victim was hitting on Gay's girlfriend, wouldn't stop, and that is what started the fight.

What kind of tool throws a guy in front of a car rather than just punching him in the face?

Well, the victim was engaged, so we'll see how that works out. It's not far from the front door to the street at Ed's. Regardless of his intent, the fact that he took off running from the scene isn't going to play in his favor.

I knew Bobby and he was a very laid back guy...very doubtful that he started or escalated the altercation. His brother played at Dayton under Brian Gregory. Very tragic and very sad.

Killing a person throwing into oncoming traffic seems like escalation to me. Perfect online lawyer material so at least he got that right.

Maybe when this guy gets out he can be the star of Con Air 2.

Since when does being engaged stop some men from hitting on women, especially if alcohol is involved?

"Gay UNC Grad Pushes Man into Traffic"

How come uptown CLT is overrun by redbird meathead monkees like this? That is the better question.

d1lro.Em.138.jpg

It's not Uptown. The problem is people move into Southern cities from places like Ohio and Lee County and they don't know how to act, either in the South, or in a city, where there are things like cars. I would guess this big Gay guy was thinking how cool it would be to literally throw this guy out of the bar who was probably drunk and said something dorky or obnoxious to his girlfriend. Stupid redneck football player (the kind of young man that mebanedeac likes).

I do not believe anyone said being engaged did or did not stop anyone from doing anything. I merely posted a fact in response to your speculation.

Back