• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ultrasound Requirement Passed into law

My approval of this has everything to do with my belief that they are unknowingly murdering a life. If having an ultrasound before they commit the act causes even a small percentage of the women to rethink their decision and decide against going through with the abortion then I am all for it.

The women should see the life they ate going to end before they end it in my opinion. If they can watch their little child's beating heart and all of the other beautiful workings of the human body that an ultrasound shows and then still pull the trigger then my heart goes out to them for they are truly blind.

I think most pro choice people who are against this are feigning government intervention incredulity when in fact it is more the horror of making a woman look her victim in the eye before ending the life of the fetus/child.

I have no problem with government mandates when they are proper. Vaccines are proper. This is proper. We must cease to marginalize the decision of an abortion and get a good view of the implications before going through with it. I cannot think of a better way than watching a live video of your child in the womb....growing....kicking....heart beating.

Sorry, it is hard to hear you over the sound of all those babies dying.

Give me a fucking break. You and people like you are ruining our country. It's a blob of cells, it isn't a baby, deal with it you religious wackjob.

My approval of this has everything to do with my belief that they are unknowingly murdering a life. If having an ultrasound before they commit the act causes even a small percentage of the women to rethink their decision and decide against going through with the abortion then I am all for it.

The women should see the life they ate going to end before they end it in my opinion. If they can watch their little child's beating heart and all of the other beautiful workings of the human body that an ultrasound shows and then still pull the trigger then my heart goes out to them for they are truly blind.

I think most pro choice people who are against this are feigning government intervention incredulity when in fact it is more the horror of making a woman look her victim in the eye before ending the life of the fetus/child.

I have no problem with government mandates when they are proper. Vaccines are proper. This is proper. We must cease to marginalize the decision of an abortion and get a good view of the implications before going through with it. I cannot think of a better way than watching a live video of your child in the womb....growing....kicking....heart beating.

Friend, you don't get the luxury of choosing to follow only the "proper" mandates. I hope someday you will recognize that if you let government apparatchiks give you "proper" mandates they will also give you a ton of "improper" mandates. If vaccines are good things, people will find that out; they don't need a government jerk-off to force them to use vaccines. Be very careful when you start trying to use politicians to force others to do what you think is good.

^ It's fine for an individual to take that approach. The problem is that justification doesn't work for the state. The abortion procedure is legal, so the government can't turn around and force something on you based on the concept that the procedure is illegal (i.e. murder).

Let's take speed limits. If the law says you can go 65 mph, but maybe it's only safe to drive 55 mph. The government can't say, "well, you're allowed to drive 65, but if you drive above 55 we're going to force you to take remedial driving classes."

Similarly, if you think abortion is wrong, change the law. Don't try to end run the process by essentially trying to guilt someone into foregoing a legal procedure.

ETA: I'm responding to Wrangor. I just type slowly on my phone.

I completely understand how you feel. But your entire argument is based on the idea that abortion is equivalent to killing a child. Which is not how the law sees it currently. You are basing an argument on what you want the law to be, not what it is.

And this doesn't address the fact that most ultrasounds will be performed at a time when they won't really show anything. The law is inefffective.

Oops, DeacInBama beat me to it.

But seriously, DeacInBama did work on this thread last night. Appreciate the knowledge.

My view on abortion has nothing to do with my faith. It is a common sense opinion based on life potential. The life potential of a fetus is no different than a newborn. Both need primary care to survive, both are nowhere near their potential as humans. Both are completely valuable.

Don't appreciate every argument being boiled down to being a 'religious wackjob'.

I have never understood why pro-lifers are not also anti-war. You could make the argument that they should be anti-capital punishment too, but especially war. Innocent kids die in war all the time.

You also save life in war. War is not taking innocent life for convenience. If and WHEN it ever is I would be/am against it. War should be about protecting life not ending it. It is the most difficult decision a president has to make. When do we end life I order to save it. Abortion in 99%of the cases is not a choice between two lives. It is one life taking advantage of their superior power against another.

I realize that this is how pro-choices see abortion but that is how see it

More to that. War is also sometimes about justice. Justice requires retribution for wrongs. U can make the same argument for capital punishment. There is a natural order to humanity. When this natural order is breached their must be justice. War and capital punishment accomplish that goal at times.

Last edited:
I have never understood why pro-lifers are not also anti-war. You could make the argument that they should be anti-capital punishment too, but especially war. Innocent kids die in war all the time.

Because those are brown kids in other countries. I hate to be blunt, but that's just how a lot of your typical conservative Americans think. To them, Those people are terrorists. Period.

That is exactly my thoughts. Thanks for explaining. I hate those brown people. That is definitely why I got into coaching basketball. No brown people.

Last edited:

Your clear implication is that a woman with an unwanted pregnancy going in for an abortion is too stupid and/or ignorant to know what she is doing and needs you and your law to "educate" her about the cell division in her own body. These wretched, blind women who know nothing but to open their legs and be inseminated by a man can't muster the wisdom and vision of your pious gaggle of baby-savers.

Typical male arrogance toward women, with a shot of righteous indignation for good measure.

It is righteous indignation to think they are wrong? That they are making a wrong decision? If that is the case then you are just as fault for disagreeing with me. What a self righteous prick you are :). Seriously. I think they are wrong, you think I am wrong. Why do you have to throw insults?

Liberals often point out the "hypocrisy" of conservatives who desire government intervention in this area - "why is government bad, except when it comes to my body?". I would point out that this is a two way street. Why is government intervention in everything else justfied, except your body? I think the issue is that I and others who are pro-life are of the opinion that it's not JUST your body in question, but that there is another body involved. If you want to do something else with your body, I respect your right to do so. It's not YOUR body that I'm interested in, it's the fetus whose body I'm interested in protecting.

I understand that reasonable people can disagree on how we implement this point. Almost no one thinks that an abortion the day before birth is acceptable, and only a few people think that any ejaculation deserves to be brought into the world. Somewhere in the middle is the right answer, and somewhere in the middle the government has an obligation to protect those lives. Right now, there is a line, and that's good - but it is hard to say why one day a life exists where the day before it didn't. I don't have a solution to this issue, nor do I expect one to arise soon/ever.

I believe that these "interventionary" laws are appropriate because it goes an extra step towards protecting that life in an otherwise gray area. If someone wants to have an abortion and it's legal, then I don't think we should stop them. But given the moral significance of that decision, and given that most of us believe that protecting those who can't protect themselves reflects on us as a society and a culture, I think that this type of law better defines our culture. This isn't me forcing religion onto anyone; I don't need God to support this interest in what our society and country believe in.

Sorry, it is hard to hear you over the sound of all those babies dying.

Give me a fucking break. You and people like you are ruining our country. It's a blob of cells, it isn't a baby, deal with it you religious wackjob.

I understand the average abortion is performed at 10.2 weeks. Take a look at a 10 week fetus and tell me it's a blob of cells. Then consider 10 weeks is just the average.

10weeks.jpg

10 week fetus.

10weeks.jpg

10 week fetus.

Look at that unformed blob of cells...so sad. This is my point exactly. All the talk of blob of cells, and then you see what an actual 10 week fetus looks like. It is so sad.

This law isn't about the legality of abortion. I understand that you want to pinch the cute cheeks of the image in that ultrasound, but this law is about forcing a woman to look at a computerized rendering of what is in her body before having a legal medical procedure even if she doesn't wish to see it. Unprecedented

A computer rendering of a living human being who is about to be terminated. Unprecedented. Two can play at that game.

Back