• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ultrasound Requirement Passed into law

Why break bread and pray all day when you can just get UberEats and watch Netflix

Blatantly unconstitutional.

I suppose states keep doing this to try and get something up to SCOTUS to alter the "undue burden" framework. They're not going to overturn Roe, but I could see a lax interpretation of whether something is unduly burdensome which could move the goalposts pretty substantially over time.

The truly hilarious part of the OH shit is that most of that shit is not even touched by Roe. Thatā€™s all Griswold and Eisenstadt. Good luck ever getting a judge to say you canā€™t allow women to have birth control.

Source: I literally did a project over this a month ago.

That was supposed to quote numbers. Whoops.

The truly hilarious part of the OH shit is that most of that shit is not even touched by Roe. Thatā€™s all Griswold and Eisenstadt. Good luck ever getting a judge to say you canā€™t allow women to have birth control.

Source: I literally did a project over this a month ago.

The Handmaid's Tale is turning out to be less of a dystopian novel and more of a nonfiction prediction of near-future events. Forbidding many forms of birth control is a nice touch. It sounds as if Ohio's GOP has bought into the "white women need to have more babies to keep our numbers up" mantra. The Duggars would be so proud.

Blatantly unconstitutional.

I suppose states keep doing this to try and get something up to SCOTUS to alter the "undue burden" framework. They're not going to overturn Roe, but I could see a lax interpretation of whether something is unduly burdensome which could move the goalposts pretty substantially over time.

Itā€™s why they stonewalled Garland and gotv for trump for many of them.

And Becker says the bill also speaks to coverage of ectopic or tubal pregnancies where the fertilized egg attaches outside of the womb.

ā€œPart of that treatment would be removing that embryo from the fallopian tube and reinserting it in the uterus so that is defined as not an abortion under this bill," Becker explains.

ā€œWhen you get into the contraception and abortifacients, thatā€™s clearly not my area of expertise, but I suppose, if it were true that what we typically known as the pill would be classified as an abortifacient, then I would imagine the drug manufacturers would reformulate it so itā€™s no longer an abortifacient and is strictly a contraceptive," Becker says.

^^ this is the sponsor of the bill.

I love David Simon.

Remember at one point during the 2016 election when it looked like Georgia might be trending toward a purple state?

These bill sponsors are so stupid, and this is such a massive waste of time.

I have been fairly consistently harassing the sponsor of the Georgia heartbeat bill. He is some surburban 40s fucknut who went to Elon did like 3 years in the army and now sells insurance in a shitty exburb county bc he cant afford to live in the city. He has no legal or medical background. But he knows better than all the doctors and lawyers in the 9th largest MSA.

He replied to one of my tweets telling him that he needed to refund GA taxpayers after the 11th circuit overturns his dumb law, that "because the bill lets you declare a fetus as a dependent on your taxes, that satisfies the 'personage' requirement under Roe v Wade"

I mean that is 14 levels of stupid. Just non living breathing thinking human stupid. They have no basis in science or medicine or constitutional law. The 'heartbeat' bills dont even ban abortion at a actual heartbeat. There is no heartbeat at 6 weeks, only 'cardiac activity'.

The 11th circuit has two new Trump appointees but is tied 6/6 with Dem/Rep appointees, and 5 justices are women.

Both Trump apointees are women, one of whom, Britt Grant is a Wake Grad. She clerked for Kavanaugh, and doesnt have a great record on women's rights, but at least she isnt stupid.

People also forget that Planned Parenthood v Casey has been around for 25+years now and states that a fetus does not have rights or 'personage' until it can survive without aid outside the womb.

I dont know how you get around that.

Remember at one point during the 2016 election when it looked like Georgia might be trending toward a purple state?

Still is.

Well at least I hope Stacey Abrams can get the voting age changed to 17 years and 3 months.

Yeah, we should always keep in mind that most states are purple. Good legislators and executives should be able to do that as well. Unfortunately, both sides see a one-vote victory in their election as a mandate to go along with whatever the craziest person in their party comes up with.

Also have to keep in mind that the Atlanta MSA is 5.8MM(and growing at 12% per year) and GA's total population is only just above 10MM, but all the sticks counties in the south get their representative in the house as well.

In elections where it is a state wide popular vote, like Governor, the ATL people are starting to outweigh the rural southern rednecks. However, when each hovel gets its own rep in the house, then they have a bigger voice in state legislation, just like the effect of the electoral college at the natl level.

These bill sponsors are so stupid, and this is such a massive waste of time.

I have been fairly consistently harassing the sponsor of the Georgia heartbeat bill. He is some surburban 40s fucknut who went to Elon did like 3 years in the army and now sells insurance in a shitty exburb county bc he cant afford to live in the city. He has no legal or medical background. But he knows better than all the doctors and lawyers in the 9th largest MSA.

He replied to one of my tweets telling him that he needed to refund GA taxpayers after the 11th circuit overturns his dumb law, that "because the bill lets you declare a fetus as a dependent on your taxes, that satisfies the 'personage' requirement under Roe v Wade"

I mean that is 14 levels of stupid. Just non living breathing thinking human stupid. They have no basis in science or medicine or constitutional law. The 'heartbeat' bills dont even ban abortion at a actual heartbeat. There is no heartbeat at 6 weeks, only 'cardiac activity'.

The 11th circuit has two new Trump appointees but is tied 6/6 with Dem/Rep appointees, and 5 justices are women.

Both Trump apointees are women, one of whom, Britt Grant is a Wake Grad. She clerked for Kavanaugh, and doesnt have a great record on women's rights, but at least she isnt stupid.

People also forget that Planned Parenthood v Casey has been around for 25+years now and states that a fetus does not have rights or 'personage' until it can survive without aid outside the womb.

I dont know how you get around that.

You can also light him up for this idiotic trigger discipline:

https://twitter.com/JonDougherty10/status/1126482874880933889

Back