• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ultrasound Requirement Passed into law

Also have to keep in mind that the Atlanta MSA is 5.8MM(and growing at 12% per year) and GA's total population is only just above 10MM, but all the sticks counties in the south get their representative in the house as well.

In elections where it is a state wide popular vote, like Governor, the ATL people are starting to outweigh the rural southern rednecks. However, when each hovel gets its own rep in the house, then they have a bigger voice in state legislation, just like the effect of the electoral college at the natl level.

This is slowly but steadily happening in NC too. Virtually all of the population and economic growth in NC is centered in a few urban areas - Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, Wilmington, Asheville, etc. That's where the Democratic Party's base in NC is now. The GOP dominates the rural areas, but they're steadily shrinking in population, or at best are stagnant. Eventually we're going to reach a tipping point in statewide elections. The legislature, though, will probably continue to over-represent rural areas for a good deal longer, unfortunately.

So glad Wrangor's Christian Sharia law is finally taking over our country, instead of that awful Muslim Sharia law. That was close.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/ent...ma-abortion-death-penalty-20190516-story.html

Oh sweet hypocrisy: “And six weeks after she was sworn into office, Ivey signed into law a measure shortening the appeals process for capital offense, a move that makes it more likely the state will execute the innocent.”

Apparently, AL and these other red states enacting draconian abortion laws are going to force women to have babies no matter what, thus setting the babies up nicely to be shot at school or quickly executed somewhere down the road. Somebody on twitter posted a black humor tweet about all these new abortion laws in which he said "the silver lining is after my unwanted kid is born it'll eventually get killed in a classroom." #MAGA!

Apparently, AL and these other red states enacting draconian abortion laws are going to force women to have babies no matter what, thus setting the babies up nicely to be shot at school or quickly executed somewhere down the road. Somebody on twitter posted a black humor tweet about all these new abortion laws in which he said "the silver lining is after my unwanted kid is born it'll eventually get killed in a classroom." #MAGA!

If we don’t laugh, we cry

Arkansas passes law allowing rapists to prevent victims who want an abortion

"Only" in the case of spousal rape.
Most second trimester abortions will also be banned by Act 45 - the Unborn Child Protection From Dismemberment Abortion Act - which will make it possible for husbands to sue doctors who carry out abortions for civil damages, or get an injunction to block the termination.

The pro-life law, which was pushed through in just two months by the state's Republican government, prohibits all dilation and evacuation (D&E) procedures, in which the physician removes the foetus from the womb with surgical tools.

Although a husband cannot win money in cases of “criminal conduct” against his wife ― namely, spousal rape ― he could still sue to block her from having the abortion.

Meanwhile, conservatives (including some on here) are gloating that Obama and other LibDems are going to be "exposed" for unneeded spying on poor Donald's completely innocent 2016 presidential campaign, in which any Russian contacts were done with no ill will or intent in mind. Trust us, Barr says all this is true! At the same time - and with no comments from these same conservatives - several deep-red states are passing some of the most draconian abortion laws ever, in which spousal rapists are basically being given more rights than the women they rape and impregnate (husbands can't really rape their wives, as we all know), and despite their claimed support of "states rights" other red states have passed laws in which women who leave the state and go to a more progressive one to have a legal abortion can still be arrested and charged with a crime when they return home. It also now looks as if nearly all landmark progressive Supreme Court rulings for the past century, including even Brown v. Board, are in danger of being undermined or flat-out repealed. But, what the hell, that damn Kenyan Mooslim half-black Obama is going to be exposed as a fraud, and we're ownin' the libs!

Last edited:
It may have already been posted, but Missouri GOP State Rep. Barry Hovis, a 30-year police veteran, said in a heated debate over that state's abortion bill that "Most of my rapes were not the gentleman jumping out of the bushes that nobody had ever met. That was one or two times out of 100. Most of them were date rapes or consensual rapes" (he was referring to the rape cases he had dealt with as a police officer). After receiving strong criticism for his remarks (including a female Democratic House member saying "there is no such thing as consensual rape"), Hovis apologized, said he had "misspoke", and agreed that there was no such thing as consensual rape. LOL. What a sad sight the GOP has become.

Link: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryancbrooks/missouri-republican-apologized-consensual-rape-abortion-ban

Meanwhile, Wrangor is jerking hard to these laws (for Jesus) and murdering all of his little weak, ineffectual spermies. Where is the justice for all those little donks? #lockhimup

I have no doubt that if top high school football recruits banded together and refused to go to Alabama schools bc of new law, it would be dropped in a second

A liberal Methodist elder and minister, Dave Barnhart, posted this on social media about conservative Christians and their support of "pro-life" positions on abortion:

"The unborn are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don't resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don't ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don't need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don't bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. It's almost as if, by being born, they have died for you. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially changing your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim that you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn."

New abortion laws are especially cruel to my patients with high-risk pregnancies

Offering that termination, then, is the safest thing to do. It is standard of care. It is, arguably, malpractice not to offer it to that woman.

Yet, in that moment, when I walk into the room and tell her how important she is, often that woman is stable. She is not actively ill, not yet; she is not at that moment in immediate danger. And so I wonder: Is offering her that termination of pregnancy, then, a crime under some of these new laws?

Will I have to wait until she gets a fever, so I can check off that box, that she’s in danger? Is that sufficient or will it require her heart rate to go up or her blood pressure to go down? Will she have to wait until she’s unstable to have this option offered to her? At what point, exactly, will I be risking jail for helping my patient through this, unharmed?

Back