• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke acting like Duke again

They’ll probably name drop the likes of Carlos Boozer, Grant Hill and Shane Battier, all guys who won NCAA titles before noteworthy careers in the pros (in spite of playing three seasons or more under one of basketball’s greatest coaches). "

Maybe he should have sited the scores of under performing dook 1st round picks in the NBA.

He could have also pointed out that unless he hooks up with the Spurs, he's not winning an NBA championship. Timmy's been one of if not the only guy that's had shoulders big enough to carry a dookie to the championship.

Made me laugh a little to think these are the dook NBA highlights.

If people think our negative talk on message boards will keep people from coming here, how come this type of shit hasn't hurt Dook?

We had people rip CP3 when he left early if I remember correctly. Nobody likes to lose anybody but that is the environment we are in until the rules change. We also liked it when Tim Duncan stayed for 4 years even though he could have left sophomore or junior year.

I was the OGB basketball writer the year CP3 left. Only remotely negative thing I ever wrote was in a column about his underrated supporting cast, saying they did something he never did- win an ACC regular-season title.

When CP3 left, the only thing I was bitter about was that he had lied to my face multiple times saying he was 100% going to stay. Other than that, though, it's disgraceful to rip a kid for taking millions of dollars that are not guaranteed to be there later. Not to mention people like Chuck are either hypocritical or idiotic, depending on what they would do if they received a similar offer in their field of expertise.

Didn't Duke students also write something ridiculous when Shavlik Randolph left?

I'm glad Kyrie is leaving... like Deng, I can not hate him as much since he didn't play at Duke long enough.

If people think our negative talk on message boards will keep people from coming here, how come this type of shit hasn't hurt Dook?

Duke has a few things going for it that we don't

Wait!!!! Are you saying our collective/fractured voice is not really important here? That what we say doesn't shake the ground and determine the destiny of Wake sports and determine the decisions of potential recruits?

Are you saying that recruits maybe base their decision whether to come or not on the coaches, the other players, the nature of the sports program, the academic environment, the school itself?

What?!!!

Yeah, I agree.

If your dream is to go pro and the odds of you going in the first round are on your side.....................then go!

"Kyrie, you are nothing like my father" ... So he's not a convicted white-collar criminal who helped exploit a loophole in the legal system? Good insult.

What does it say about Duke that we can't be sure if that's satire or not?

wait, wait, wait

.If the message boards don't impact recruiting then that means posters here aren't important

I wonder why RJ tries so hard to claim the message boards are relevant. It wouldn't be because that makes him important would it? Never!

The attitude I would expect from a Dukie is that he would just think, "Eff him, we don't need him"

That's what a great coach friend of mine used to say.

It was something more like "we're going to win, with or without you."

Back