• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Codi Codi Miller-McIntyre Now a Top 100 ranked recruit

That's right. Yogi's friend was a 2012 SG we were on as well, RJ Hunter. We maybe would have had a shot if Cody Zeller had gone to UNC instead of Indiana.

Yeah, something like RJ Hunter was really interested in us, so Ferrell gave us a look and we were somewhat optimistic for a minute because we thought Zeller was looking more and more like UNC. Then Zeller committed to IU and Ferrell followed because he's boyz with Zeller more than Hunter.

I'm guessing we're not really looking at Hunter anymore and it was a shot for Ferrell and Hunter and we ended up with Rountree/CMM.

No he re-classed to 2012...

Hmm obviously I missed that. Kind of stopped following once he committed to Louisville. I feel like that has to have something to do with it though. There's no doubt he's at the top.

Also - what's up with all these kids reclassifying?

Nah, I know why. If you had a name like Bzz's (and I do, only worse) you wouldn't put names on the back of jerseys.

Purvis is a top ten player overall.

Right- he's a consensus five star (ESPN, scout and rivals). To not have him among the top 10 point guards is completely absurd, regardless of how poorly he might have played at the Challenge (and from what I read/heard, he played fine except for when he was matched up with Braxton, who was getting away with a lot of physical play).

The fact that he re-classed shouldn't matter since that happened before this season even started iirc, and these rankings were ostensibly updated in the past week.

Only thing I can think of (besides taking these rankings with a mountain of salt) is that he is listed as a SG.

I actually pulled the trigger on this guy. Where are my props in this thread?

Don't know about Brick,but Prepstars has Purvis as a WG and #10 overall in the 2012 class.

Is Brick not still head of PrepStars talent evaluation? He is listed as so on their website.

I think Brick does the ACC Sports Journal and Rob Harrington does Prepstars as sister publications and then they both have input on the Prepstar player rankings. That is a guess though.

Rankings don't matter until your guys start getting ranked highly.

Another point is that it's not just Brick who was impressed. Also following the Carolina Challenge, ESPN had its own glowing writeup, while Evan Daniels had nice things to say as well. Scouts generally liked what they saw.

Again, it's not a situation where, "Oh, Evan Daniels likes CMM? Sweet, well NOW he's a good prospect!" It's that a critical mass of paid scouts who evaluate these kids for a living were ALL impressed; that only makes it more likely that [Redacted] was right in his assessment and that CMM will ultimately help WF be good again.

We should all like that.

Another point is that it's not just Brick who was impressed. Also following the Carolina Challenge, ESPN had its own glowing writeup, while Evan Daniels had nice things to say as well. Scouts generally liked what they saw.

Again, it's not a situation where, "Oh, Evan Daniels likes CMM? Sweet, well NOW he's a good prospect!" It's that a critical mass of paid scouts who evaluate these kids for a living were ALL impressed; that only makes it more likely that [Redacted] was right in his assessment and that CMM will ultimately help WF be good again.

We should all like that.

I'm really glad that our commits played well and impressed at the Carolina Challenge. I'm confident that they are all good high school players, but that isn't enough. We need them to be better than the players on the opposing teams in the ACC. Their recruiting rankings don't reflect that they are, yet.

Yeah. Of course, that's what they say 'bout you and me, too, myDeaconmyhand. My current rankings don't amount to much, I am afraid. I assume, from your posting, that yours do.

Back