• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Codi Codi Miller-McIntyre Now a Top 100 ranked recruit

deaclite

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
The new ACC Sports Journal is out and Brick Oettinger really loves Codi Miller-McIntyre calling him "a relative sleeper whose national stock is in the process of rising significantly." Based on his play at the Carolina Challenge "we're convinced that this skilled athlete could develop into an all-ACC caliber performer in college." Brick now has CMM as the #9 2012 PG in the country.

He has also moved Anthony Fields into the #21 2011 PG and both makes his Super 33 PG ranking regardless of class at #32 (CMM) and #33 (AF). Also, he really likes Aaron Rountree and has him as a top 150 player.

Brick (like myself) had been very skeptical of Wake's recruiting prior to the Carolina Challenge. It sounds like Codi really opened some eyes. Congrats to Coach Battle and Coach [Redacted].

That is awesome news. Brick shat all over our recruiting very recently so you know he must really like our guys now.

Good to see other evaluators agree with [Redacted]'s assessment of Miller-McIntyre.

Fantastic news. The CMM vs. Tyler Lewis battles are going to be great to watch over their 4 years in college. They'll be endless fodder for boards discussion, I'm sure. I just hope our guy gets the better of it.

Inconceivable.

inconceivable.jpg

Good to see other evaluators agree with [Redacted]'s assessment of Miller-McIntyre.

This. This is good news in that it makes [Redacted]'s (positive) assessment of CMM's ability and potential more reliable and more likely. IOW, it's not that CMM wasn't a good player or prospect before this, but this just makes it easier to "trust" in [Redacted]'s evaluations.

Really loved the highlights of CMM from the Carolina Challenge. Nice stroke and follow-through on his shoot, and looked very smooth with the ball.

Glad others (like Brick) are confirming what we all hoped was the case when he committed.

A big middle finger to those of you who were "unimpressed" by this offer. You know who you are.

Congrats to CMM and Coach Bzz/Battle/LaRue/Pope

If Kale Abrahamson gets more exposure which may not happen since he's in Iowa and there's no such thing as an Iowa Challenge, you can expect his ranking to jump as well. That kid is 6'7 with guard skills and serious range on his shot.

Congrats to Codi for getting some much deserved positive publicity.

Something to keep in mind. Forget about Bz for a minute, Coach Battle has a pretty good eye for under the radar talent. When you hear of some mid-major star breaking out in March whether it is Jimmer, Matt Howard, or Eric Maynor from a few years ago Wake Forest is very often listed as a name that showed them serious interest. Difference is our head guy now is giving the ok to offer these guys.

If Kale Abrahamson gets more exposure which may not happen since he's in Iowa and there's no such thing as an Iowa Challenge, you can expect his ranking to jump as well. That kid is 6'7 with guard skills and serious range on his shot.

Congrats to Codi for getting some much deserved positive publicity.

Something to keep in mind. Forget about Bz for a minute, Coach Battle has a pretty good eye for under the radar talent. When you hear of some mid-major star breaking out in March whether it is Jimmer, Matt Howard, or Eric Maynor from a few years ago Wake Forest is very often listed as a name that showed them serious interest. Difference is our head guy now is giving the ok to offer these guys.

Great point about Battle, Ranger. I do remember us recruiting and, I think, ultimately offering Howard. And I think you're right about the dynamic vis-a-vis Battle and [Redacted]; ultimately, it's Jeff's call who to offer and who not to. Whereas we've always recruited and scouted this "type" of player, [Redacted] seems to feel more comfortable extending early offers to them. Hope it works for all of our sake.

Jeff Battle is one of the best assistants in the country. A real great guy to talk to and always so nice with fans.

Thanks Ranger - great post

A big middle finger to those of you who were "unimpressed" by this offer. You know who you are.

Congrats to CMM and Coach Bzz/Battle/LaRue/Pope

Thanks, Deacfreke.

Great news for CMM. Hope he continues to improve and gets more recognition.

That's great news.

Why is Deacfreke so angry and bitter?

The Wake Forest tradition can drown you if you let yourself to dwell too much in the what-ifs, but one of the more interesting recent what-ifs was Battle turning down the head coach job when Skip died. I understand why he did, but it still is interesting to think about whether or what differences it would have made.

Since both Chase and Codi are getting more postive reviews it makes me more hopeful about D.Green since Coach Battle led our efforts on all three.

Last edited:
Since both Chase and Codi are getting more postive reviews it makes me more hopeful about D.Green since Coach Battle lead our efforts on all three.

agreed. congrats to all these guys and I hope they continue to work hard and develop.

Back