• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

i really liked the shins in 2012 i guess

RedSoxFaithful

a vicar in a tutu
Reaction score
Last edited:
Got it. From the home page within the iTunes store, there's a Shins graphic that takes you there. Going to be seeing them live for the first time at the Sweetlife Festival.

Got it. From the home page within the iTunes store, there's a Shins graphic that takes you there. Going to be seeing them live for the first time at the Sweetlife Festival.

I'm a little annoyed that I went to Bonnaroo last year and not this year. It was a great lineup, but man would I love to see the Shins. (Though, I guess if I have to choose Shins v Strokes, I'd go Strokes.)

I gave it a second chance today. Still just not that good. I wouldn't say it aged poorly, or well. Simple Song seems to be the enduring track, meh.

Wincing the Night Away is superior. But Simple Song is amazing.

This picture drives me mad every time I see it.

The-shins-2017-cr-Marisa-Kula-Mercer-billboard-1548.jpg

Same genre:

super-computer-nerd-580x3481-e1379439793236.jpeg

i don't know why i started a thread about a specific album release but i guess i was really into the shins, huh

Gave it a third chance today now that it's TEN years old. Still MEH.

I saw the shins open for Preston school of industry at the cats cradle in 2002 and I thought they were terrible. I never gave them a second chance.

I once went to a Sam Beam concert and when he came out everyone was standing, like you do, and he sits on a chair w/ his guitar and says "why the fuck are ya'll standing? what do you think this is, a Shin's concert?"

so we all sat on the floor. and then i got food poisoning.

I once went to a Sam Beam concert and when he came out everyone was standing, like you do, and he sits on a chair w/ his guitar and says "why the fuck are ya'll standing? what do you think this is, a Shin's concert?"

so we all sat on the floor. and then i got food poisoning.

is that food what you spent your $5 on?

Back