• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dear Shaka...

I've been all over Shaka's nuts since I heard him give an interview on sports radio back in December of 2010. The enthusiasm he spoke with had me wanting to run thru walls for him.

Viva Shaka

Us and like every other school in America. Alas, it is a pipe dream.

I've been all over Shaka's nuts since I heard him give an interview on sports radio back in December of 2010. The enthusiasm he spoke with had me wanting to run thru walls for him.

Viva Shaka

As bad as the program is now, that's exactly what we need. A guy who can motivate and not be afraid to get in the face of Roy or K. That's one reason Skip turned things around, he didn't back down from Duke or UNC, he went right after them for recruits.

I don't know but if we gave him enough money and the chance to dethrone K and Roy there might be a chance. Gotta figure Shaka believes he can build an ACC powerhouse without just inheriting it. I'm talking out my ass because i don't have the kind of money to make a big donation, but let's face it...that's what it will take for us to ever be great. Throw a ton of money and give him the reigns.

Only met him a few times, but dude would relish the idea of beating K and Roy on a regular basis.

Only met him a few times, but dude would relish the idea of beating K and Roy on a regular basis.

how have you met Shaka? YOU HAVE TO PUT THIS IDEA IN HIS HEAD.

So he's coached the only upset so far in the tournament. That's impressive.

His wife is a big writer and they're both very into education. I'm sure we could help her get into a PhD program at Wake...just sayin'...

Not sure a PhD in biology or chemistry would persuade the Smarts.

The rumor in Richmond is he's headed to Illinois. C'mon Shaka be an ACC Man and come to Wake.

Wellman has to grow a pair first. We have no job opening unfortunately. I think Illinois is better job, but with the right amount of money we could get him here.

This thread makes me even more depressed about our program than I already am. And I thought that would be hard to do.

The contrast of what we have to a guy like Shaka is enormous.

This thread makes me even more depressed about our program than I already am. And I thought that would be hard to do.

The contrast of what we have to a guy like Shaka is enormous.

Add to it the fact that he probably wouldn't come if asked, and that he probably wouldn't even be asked in the first place, makes it ten times worse.

We'll can [Redacted] in a few years and move onto another old, boring coach.

As great as Smart appears, Brad Stevens remains the perfect fit for Wake because of the similarities between Butler and Wake. That will never happen either, of course.

Exactly. That's all he's got on his resume.

Not Exactly. There has been one upset in the tournament so far. Shaka was the coach of it. At no point did I discuss his resume or this being the only impressive win on it.

There was no sarcastic intent.

Back