• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Interim coach or not, I thinks it’s a huge mistake not to have played more of these young guys in this match. One sub in the first 76 min is unacceptable.

It was cold out there and fairly uneventful from the front row. Thanks as always to SD3 for the hook up.

FIRE SARACHAN NOW

Shame on him for not playing MY BOI Antonee

It was cold out there and fairly uneventful from the front row. Thanks as always to SD3 for the hook up.

FIRE SARACHAN NOW

Shame on him for not playing MY BOI Antonee

Always

Wtf was that sub strategy. Why even play this match if you’re only going to use two subs before the 85th? I hate US Soccer

Hard to tell which would have been worse for Johnathan Gonzalez: picking the US and not qualifying for the WC or picking Mexico and not getting picked for the WC squad.

This England 23 strikes fear in the hearts of... no one?

Probably not but that doesn't mean they won't be successful. Southgate’s choices suggest to me that he intends to play a very pragmatic style not unlike Italy’s Conte led team did two years ago. They will absorb pressure with 5 in the back and with two defensive minded central mids and then look to counter with the pace of Sterling, Rashford, Vardy, etc.

Young European based team called in for Bolivia match next Monday.

U.S. roster to face Bolivia
Goalkeepers: Alex Bono (Toronto FC), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge)

Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham, on loan at Ipswich Town), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest), Matt Miazga (Chelsea, on loan at Vitesse Arnhem), Matthew Olosunde (Manchester United), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City, on loan at KV Kortrijk), Antonee Robinson (Bolton Wanderers), Jorge Villafana (Santos Laguna), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC)

Midfielders: Joe Corona (Club America), Julian Green (Stuttgart, on loan at Greuther Furth), Alejandro Guido (Club Tijuana), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland), Weston McKennie (Schalke), Keaton Parks (Benfica), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain)

Forwards: Andrija Novakovich (Telstar), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen)

Here's my stab at a lineup. Guessing he mixes in a few vets and doesn't just play all young kids
Hamid
Lichaj CCV Miazga Villafana
McKennie
Corona Pulisic Rubin Weah
Sargent

Back