• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

donovanshades.gif

That's fucking great and probably the coolest thing Lando has ever done.

I'm glad we get Honduras instead of Costa Rica on Wednesday. Avoids the rematch from this past week, and we have to play those guys again in early September.

Don't have to watch that 5 man back line anti-football either which is nice

Mix on Mix

I really like this kid. Guys like him and Corona are the future of the USMNT - the best part of the Gold Cup has been seeing the potential of these young guys.

Andres Cantor's call of Donovan's game winner v Algeria. Found it as I was watching a Joe Corona video. Which is better - Darke's or Cantor's? So pumped for Brazil.

While i love Ian Darke....it's no contest...Andres Cantor's call makes the goosebumps pop out and the hair on your neck stand up. I don't even speak Spanish and that call makes me shiver.

Quite the, ummm, sell out?

There was a HUGE accident on I-95 right by the exit most people take to get to the stadium (even though there are like 18 different ways) and it was backed up for miles. Plus a lot of people showing up late just for the second match. It was so weird being a minority in our own stadium, but it provided such an awesome atmosphere. A few fights, people throwing shit, lots of chanting, just a rowdy good time.

LOL when was this?

a bunch of the fights were actually El Salvador/Honduras fans. They HATE each other.

Towards the end of the match, maybe 80th minute or so?

Edit: 86th to be more precise...

Awesome. I had to dodge a few things being thrown around too. They had the American Outlaws (section 140) directly next to a section full of El Salvador supporters (section 139) and I was on the end of the row closest to 139. Definitely....interesting planning by someone.

Back