• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

First of all, congrats to Mit Danmark! for a huge win vs the potato eaters. Gør dig klar til Rusland!

McKennie and Brooks looked great in the first half. Horvath has zero confidence and after the howler served up distribution straight to a Portuguese player who should have scored, and bobbled a cross that could have been more trouble.

I like the Brooks/Miazga pairing way, way, WAY more than anyone we ran out there during those incredibly important qualifiers. I know Brooks was hurt, but Miazga would have been a shit ton more useful than frigging Omar was.

Yet brasky talks about how the NBA has meaningless games.....?

Here's some of who is available to play in some kind of invitational or series of matches amongst non-WC qualifying teams.

Italy, Netherlands, Greece, Turkey, Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Ecuador, USA, Honduras, Iraq, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Czech Rep, Ukraine, Ireland....

I'd love to see our young guys get a chance to play in that and get some more experience in these kinds of matches. You don't think we'd get better by playing Netherlands, Ecuador, and Ukraine in a 4-team group? Hell, I do.

Back