• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Don't think I knew the name. Were people pretty confident he would pick us?

He's been firm in saying he wants to play for the USMNT. Mexico has been putting the full-court press on him playing there. And we continue to not call him into any camps for reasons that befuddle anyone/everyone. Kid is a young, legit starting midfielder on a good team who is certainly good enough to represent us.

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (4): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 4/0), Cody Cropper (New England Revolution; 0/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (9): Danny Acosta (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Justin Morrow (Toronto FC/CAN; 3/0), Ike Opara (Sporting Kansas City; 0/0), Tim Parker (Vancouver Whitecaps FC/CAN; 0/0), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Brandon Vincent (Chicago Fire; 1/0), Walker Zimmerman (Los Angeles Football Club; 1/0)

MIDFIELDERS (11)
: Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 1/0), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 15/2), Russell Canouse (D.C. United; 0/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Marlon Hairston (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Ian Harkes (D.C. United; 0/0), Brooks Lennon (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 1/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 2/0), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy; 37/6)

FORWARDS (6): Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 27/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City SC; 4/2), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 24/5), Christian Ramirez (Minnesota United FC; 0/0), Rubio Rubin (Unattached; 4/0), CJ Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 3/0)

I hope for Gonzalez that he enjoys the same kind of success on the international stage as Giuseppe Rossi.

US looks to have locked up Bayern Munich/German 19 yo MF prospect, Timothy Tillman, who Barcelona was after last year.

US looks to have locked up Bayern Munich/German 19 yo MF prospect, Timothy Tillman, who Barcelona was after last year.

That's huge - he's a guy who would have a very good chance to play for Germany in the future. He's Bayern's best prospect and probably the best prospect they've had since Alaba (which isn't actually saying much, since Bayern's academy has been a black hole since then) and he's captained youth German teams, playing through the entire national setup. I'm actually not sure why he'd choose to play for the US over staying with Germany, but that's a huge boost for us.

Last edited:
That's huge - he's a guy who would have a very good chance to play for Germany in the future. He's Bayern's best prospect and probably the best prospect they've had since Alaba (which isn't actually saying much, since Bayern's academy has been a black hole since then) and he's captained youth German teams, playing through the entire national setup. I'm actually not sure why he'd choose to play for the US over staying with Germany, but that's a huge boost for us.

Moar wingers pls

Kinda interesting giving Ramos' comments on the Gonzalez thing a day or two ago, which was essentially: if you feel Mexican, play for Mexico. If you feel American, play for the US. I guess Tillman felt American.

Back