• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I wouldn't schedule friendlies because they are stupid and worth next to nothing.

Thank fuck that club football is starting up again this weekend.

I wouldn't schedule friendlies because they are stupid and worth next to nothing.

Thank fuck that club football is starting up again this weekend.

God, Jurgen is so inconsiderate. God forbid he has to play a friendly...and fucking wins it for the first time US history.

Settle down, gentlemen. I was just making a joke.

But seriously, thank fuck that club football is back.

dv7's lack of genuine excitement at beating Mexico in soccer makes me question his true Americanness.

I don't care if it u-7's playing 5 a side in someone's backyard. If it's soccer and one shirt is red, white and blue and the other is green and red, then I'm going to celebrate my ass off when the red, white and blue wins, no matter how it happened. Period. There is not a single more enjoyable moment in soccer than beating Mexico. Nothing in club football can touch that, not even close.

dv7's lack of genuine excitement at beating Mexico in soccer makes me question his true Americanness.

I don't care if it u-7's playing 5 a side in someone's backyard. If it's soccer and one shirt is red, white and blue and the other is green and red, then I'm going to celebrate my ass off when the red, white and blue wins, no matter how it happened. Period. There is not a single more enjoyable moment in soccer than beating Mexico. Nothing in club football can touch that, not even close.

PREACH ON BROTHER!

Meh.

United > USMNT

Oh, and I wouldn't get worked up over United winning a friendly over Liverpool or City either. And I certainly wouldn't care much, if at all, the next day.

It's a friendly. It matters fuck all.

If United went 75 years without winning in Liverpool and they finally won there in a friendly, with Liverpool fielding 8/11 starters and United fielding 5/11 starters (and that's being very forgiving, could easily say 4/11 or 3/11) you would celebrate.

376770_10151024308993883_974348102_n.jpg

488368_10151024309083883_1700382175_n.jpg

Back