• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Probably so. But this guy is to the USMNT as Karl Hess is to NCSU

Koman%20Coulibaly%20with%20Michael%20Bradley%20World%20Cup%20Referee%20Controversy.png

I fucking HATE that twat.

Not Michael Bradley, I love him. That other guy. He sucks dick.

Because he has screwed us on multiple occasions? Yeah, super lame.

Please provide proof of said screwing, especially on multiple occasions. That penalty against Ream was completely legit. Not his fault our guys shit the bed that game.

Also, please answer my initial question of who would be deemed an acceptable ref.

Please provide proof of said screwing, especially on multiple occasions. That penalty against Ream was completely legit. Not his fault our guys shit the bed that game.

Also, please answer my initial question of who would be deemed an acceptable ref.

Well the first two that came to my mind was 2004 vs. Denmark where he awarded two phantom penalties and the 2-1 loss to Panama in the Gold Cup. The Ream decision was absolutely the right call, and that was about all he got correct the whole match, ill search for some highlights but I doubt theres any that includes the ref. Im just recalling from what I saw in the stands.

Acceptable? Id take any ref outside of Mexico. Costa Rica would be my next out if I had to pick. Canada has a ref working for CONCACAF now, David Gantar, so I suppose he would be my choice if youre making me throw out a name.

Spector had a goal, Cameron had 2 or 3 assists today in Capital One Cup action. Castillo was injured on Sunday, so he likely won't be available for Jamaica. If Chandler isn't willing to come it seems like Lichaj would be next in line.

And Anderlecht advanced to group stage. 3 US players will be there. Kljestan, Parkhurst, and Jones. Bedoya has a slim chance with Helsingborg needing to make up a 2 goal deficit on the road.

Last edited:
Yanks-Abroad Roster Predictions, pretty much exactly what I want to see, spot for spot. Except for maybe different back up keepers.

GOALKEEPERS (3)

Tim Howard - The first choice keeper has been very hot recently for club and country.
Nick Rimando - The Salt Lake stalwart is a dependable backup to Howard
Sean Johnson - The young keeper has been playing well for Chicago this season

DEFENDERS (8)

Steve Cherundolo - The veteran is aging like fine wine. He is still very reliable for the US team.
Timothy Chandler - This can go either way but if he's not on this roster, he may never be back on the US team.
Carlos Bocanegra - He's had a tough summer at Rangers and will likely be on a new club very soon. In Scotland's fourth tier, he hasn't played against a good opponent in awhile. Still, he's the US captain.
Geoff Cameron - Great move to Stoke and he had a solid debut against Arsenal. Likely USMNT starter now.
Clarence Goodson - He may not be a starter in central defense for the US team but he's a solid backup.
Fabian Johnson - Is now a player that has to be in the starting lineup for the US team somewhere.
Michael Parkhurst - The Champions League-bound defender can provide cover at several positions across the backline.
Eric Lichaj - Lichaj was surprisingly left off the team for the May/June games despite starting for Aston Villa most of last season. With Castillo's injury, another fullback spot is up for grabs and I can see Klinsmann turning to Lichaj for the first time.

MIDFIELDERS (8)

Michael Bradley - He is starting for Roma and is one of the best American players at the moment.
Jermaine Jones - As a starter at Schalke, it's easy to forget how good Jones can be. He's way too good to be left off.
Maurice Edu - It's still unclear where he will fit in at Stoke but his effort against Mexico showed he can be an option as cover in central defense.
Brek Shea - He turned the tide for the US against Mexico and his game showed that the US team needs wide players. He could be the "super sub" the US team needs late in the game.
Joe Corona - The former US U23 midfieder gives attacking options off the bench.
Josh Gatt - The surprise inclusion for these games. His speed will surely be an asset for Klinsmann who can stretch the defense late in the game.
Kyle Beckerman - Klinsmann has always liked Beckerman and after a good outing against Mexico, it is hard to see him not getting called up.
Clint Dempsey - The transfer saga will be over by then and Dempsey can refocus on soccer both for club and country.

FORWARDS (4)

Jozy Altidore - With a great start to the Eredivisie season, Altidore will arrive in camp playing very well and he will be hungry to impress Klinsmann after an uneven performance in May/June.
Herculez Gomez - I don't see Gomez being left off after starting against Mexico.
Terrence Boyd - We are still waiting for his first USMNT goal, but he has been effective in creating goal scoring chances. His backheel pass against Mexico to set up the goal was a thing of beauty.
Landon Donovan - Despite an up and down year, he's still can be a very effective player. He's a cornerstone of US Soccer and can score big goals.

Last edited:
Fuck.

@onegoalusa Michael Bradley will not play this weekend against Inter due to a quad strain. The injury also puts his fitness for WCQs in question. #USMNT

This should be fun. No Bradley, LD has barely played since getting hurt in the Mexico game, and who knows what Deuce has been up to.

This should be fun. No Bradley, LD has barely played since getting hurt in the Mexico game, and who knows what Deuce has been up to.

It's obviously Brian Ching time. If he can score as many goals as he thinks he can, we won't have to worry about a MF.

Back