• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Here's some of who is available to play in some kind of invitational or series of matches amongst non-WC qualifying teams.

Italy, Netherlands, Greece, Turkey, Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Ecuador, USA, Honduras, Iraq, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Czech Rep, Ukraine, Ireland....

I'd love to see our young guys get a chance to play in that and get some more experience in these kinds of matches. You don't think we'd get better by playing Netherlands, Ecuador, and Ukraine in a 4-team group? Hell, I do.

Depends on what kind of squad each country sends. Like, I don't think Robben's coming to the US to compete in friendly tournament.

Id be down with it as long as they didn't try to market it as anything more than a Private Invitational tournament. Call the North American Challenge Cup or something like that. Let Canada host a few matches. Also play it before the WC. Not during. No need to piss off FIFA with the 2026 WC seemingly in our pocket.

Or host it during the World Cup, give ESPN the rights, use some of that 100,000,000.00 surplus of cash and give 10,000,000.00 to the winners. Invite every country in the world, even the ones in the world cup, and run it flawlessly. Establish a new ruling force in futbol and have all major federations leave FIFA before 2018 ends.

Or host it during the World Cup, give ESPN the rights, use some of that 100,000,000.00 surplus of cash and give 10,000,000.00 to the winners. Invite every country in the world, even the ones in the world cup, and run it flawlessly. Establish a new ruling force in futbol and have all major federations leave FIFA before 2018 ends.

Germany got $35 million last world cup and Argentina $25m, even the last place team got $8m, so I don't think that'd make a dent

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...oney-payout-distribution-info-and-projections

dv7, can we go ahead and start putting together a roster for your boi's World Cup pool

My strategy of "France is going to win it all so I'm taking a bunch of French players" didn't work out so hot last time.

What chu talkin bout Willis?

We've hopped in it the previous two cups I believe? Cashed in 2014 as well.
Pick players in tiers and score points? I just remember paying your half the entry fee, not much on the rules.

We've hopped in it the previous two cups I believe? Cashed in 2014 as well.
Pick players in tiers and score points? I just remember paying your half the entry fee, not much on the rules.
Ahhhhh! Yeah I remember now. Sorry. I'll check with D and see if that's going to happen again.

I helped to run the last WC draft, and I'll do it again. Particularly if it occurs after school's out.

Back