• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Have no.idea why he called in Shea, but he looks like a genius for doing so.

I'd like to see Danny Williams played centrally before writing him off. And we've got.to get some wingers.in camp (in addition to Shea).

Keller and Lalas were doing the post-game with umbrellas...fuck you Mexico

Have no.idea why he called in Shea, but he looks like a genius for doing so.

I'd like to see Danny Williams played centrally before writing him off. And we've got.to get some wingers.in camp (in addition to Shea).

WIDTH! Gotta find it.

I'm starting to worry about the amount/quality of roofing work that will happen tomorrow. #perspective

Ian Darke ‏@IanDarkeESPN
Showered with beer by angry Mexican fans as USA win at Azteca for first time I think it was beer anyway.

Throwing piss at Sir Ian? Yeah they've gone too far. Call in the drones.

Mexican fans are the worst. The absolute worst.

On its crawl, the alleged Worldwide Leader is crediting some guy named Thomas for two saves including an 86th minute one against Chicharito. Solid work fellas.

GEOFF CAMERON GEOFF CAMERON. Attaguy. He's going to make me look like such a genius if he finally delivers on all his potential and gets his positioning work up to par with his distribution. Dude has always had the tools to excel at the CB position. And he had a great match tonight, but it wasn't long ago (like 6 weeks) that he was looking shaky at times for Houston. Really hoping his move to Stoke will drill some defensive discipline into him.

A move to Stoke could easily implement defensive discipline into a player just like it could destroy any ideals they have on valuing possession of the ball. Route 1, bitches.

That said, the dude from my favorite commercial was a fucking boss tonight. I am very impressed. He didn't put a foot wrong all night.

Taylor Twellman ‏@TaylorTwellman
only 3 beers hit this noggin which says one thing....the fans' aim was as bad as #Mexico on the field tonight. #USAvMEX

And another favorite tweet from tonight....

Matthew Doyle ‏@MLS_Analyst
Cameron's distribution is perfect. Problem is it keeps going to Jermaine Jones.

Cameron's develop at Houston was just phenomenal to see, but I do wonder if he'd be where he is now (great CB prospect) about 2 years earlier had we not messed with him in the midfield so much. I mean, we spent basically an entire season having him play the attacking midfield spot for us until there were some injuries on the back line that forced him back into action there. Lo and behold, he's pretty good at this CB thing.

Cameron was brilliant tonight. Howard was stupid good. Boyd was a stud (speaking of studs, change yours in your boots, you fell down 3 times tonight), Klinsmanns confidence in Shea carries over onto the field.

Donovan was poor, Jones was awful, Williams was abysmal, Torres never really did anything either.

Castillo was surprisingly ok, still a reserve at best IMO. Michael Orozco-Fiscal? Lol shake his hand and ask him to never play again for the USMNT. Go out in glory my friend, it's only downhill from here for you.

Oh, and Klinsmann? Wow. Perfect game for the skipper tonight. Every move was spot on.

How was every move "spot on" from Klinsmann? The starting lineup he sent out there got over run in the first half. Thankfully, Mexico were wasteful out of their minds and didn't capitalize.

The end result doesn't mean the Jurgen got today right. Full credit for the Shea and Boyd subs (and Orozco, if I must), but to claim that he didn't make any mistakes tonight as manager is fucking crazy.

We got worked, but ended up with a 1-0 victory. Let's fucking enjoy it, but let's not pretend like it was some tactical masterclass, because there is no way Jurgy thought the team he sent out from the first whistle was going to get overrun like that. No fucking way.

How was every move "spot on" from Klinsmann? The starting lineup he sent out there got over run in the first half. Thankfully, Mexico were wasteful out of their minds and didn't capitalize.

The end result doesn't mean the Jurgen got today right. Full credit for the Shea and Boyd subs (and Orozco, if I must), but to claim that he didn't make any mistakes tonight as manager is fucking crazy.

We got worked, but ended up with a 1-0 victory. Let's fucking enjoy it, but let's not pretend like it was some tactical masterclass, because there is no way Jurgy thought the team he sent out from the first whistle was going to get overrun like that. No fucking way.

Alright technical ted, next time I'll make sure to say "sub" instead of "move". And Jurgen started the XI he had to start for us to have a chance in this match. Mexico could not break down the 4-3-1-2 and settled for wasting their chances outside the box.

Back