• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Fair to say that no one here has ever participated in the pinnacle event of the profession that they've dedicated their entire life to, so any opinion on what "should be done" is pretty meaningless.

I had the high score on Bubble Spinner 2 for like two years so yeah, my opinion is meaningful.

Fair to say that no one here has ever participated in the pinnacle event of the profession that they've dedicated their entire life to, so any opinion on what "should be done" is pretty meaningless.
Why is this fair to say? You should have just said "no one here has ever participated in a world cup".

Probably a better bet

When you can't understand something, or can't make your own argument on the "discussion" board, it's a great idea to just try to be funny so the other folks will think you're clever. If that doesn't work just call the other poster a nasty name because then folks will think you're tough. Good luck!

Shut the fuck up, dipshit.

I competed in and won (by accident) a Special Olympics putt putt tournament when I was 4. Am I qualified to comment or no?

Feel free to point out any world-renowned posters.

you're not ever going to say anything critical about Danny Manning, right? because you've never won an NCAA championship as a player or played in the NBA or landed a job as an ACC head basketball coach

so did you compete in a Special Olympic event by accident? or win said event by "accident"?

I was entered into the tournament by accident. I don't know if I won on purpose or not, I was 4, just happy to be playing putt putt. My parents were not told it was a Special Olympics tournament until my mom was handed the trophy in downtown Winston 24 hours later.

Feel free to point out any world-renowned posters.
Well you didn't say "world-renowned," did you?

You said "no one here has ever participated in the pinnacle event of the profession that they've dedicated their entire life to."

I'd hazard a bet that at least a couple of posters on this thread alone are in the top 552 of their field. Though I probably should have subtracted Thailand's players.

Back