• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Man, I remember when Rodgers left Liverpool I wanted de Boer to take over (before the Klopp rumors started). Holy shit is he bad. No wins through two and he is already starting shit with the Atlanta supporters.

It's not the most exciting list of forwards, but Lewis and Ramirez are the only two I don't understand. I'd rather have seen that giant kid that plays in Holland, Novakovich?

I'm no Zardes fan, but he put in 19 last year and has started well this season. Baird and Arriola had productive seasons and are still fairly young. Jordan Morris has shown flashes and seems to be healthy.

heard an "at the match" podcast that came on after my On the Continent pod (i recommend OTC, not really a fan of at the match) where Andy Brassell was interviewing Leipzig fans and they were raving about Tyler Adams. was good to hear about one of our boys from actual fans of a team

U-20 team, pretty damn stacked with talent up front

D1pNwDIWoAAkduk.jpg:large

Man, I remember when Rodgers left Liverpool I wanted de Boer to take over (before the Klopp rumors started). Holy shit is he bad. No wins through two and he is already starting shit with the Atlanta supporters.

I've been very unimpressed with him. I get that there will be growing pains with Almiron in Newcastle now but his offense is shit so far.

Matthew Real was going to come to Wake, I think. Am I making it up that Carleton was as well? I’m not as up on that stuff as I used to be, but there are a few names on there that I thought were at one time connected with Wake. Could be hallucinating all that though.

To clarify, I think Adams will thrive in that role. No idea what ends up happening with Yedlin.

I would rather see Adams in central midfield and Yedlin at right back. I also am not a fan of the idea of the right back moving into central midfield during possession. Seems inevitable to me that when the ball is lost there will be too much open space down that wing. Having said that, Berhalter deserves the chance to implement his system and prove amateurs like me wrong.

Jason Kreis appointed U-23 manager

And here's his first roster

GOALKEEPERS (2): Jonathan Klinsmann (Hertha BSC/GER; Newport Beach, Calif.), JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes; Alamo, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (9): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy; Lompac, Calif.), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Swansea City/WAL; Southend-on-Sea, England), Marco Farfan (Portland Timbers; Portland, Ore.), Jack Maher (Indiana; Caseyville, Ill.), Matthew Olosunde (Manchester United/ENG; Trenton, N.J.), Donovan Pines (D.C. United; Clarksville, Md.), Lucas Pos (FC Lausanne-Sport/SUI; Irvine, Calif.), Antonee Robinson (Wigan Athletic/ENG; Milton Keyes, England), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United FC; Arlington, Mass.)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Derrick Jones (Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia, Penn.), Cameron Lindley (Orlando City SC; Carmel, Ind.), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; Lemont, Ill.), Keaton Parks (New York City FC; Plano, Texas), Eryk Williamson (Portland Timbers; Alexandria, Va.), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; St. Paul, Minn.)

FORWARDS (6): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; Bethesda, Md.), Josh Perez (LAFC; La Habra, Calif.), Emmanuel Sabbi (Hobro IK/DEN; Columbus, Ohio), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; O'Fallon, MO), Tim Weah (Celtic FC/SCO; Rosedale, N.Y.), Haji Wright (Schalke/GER; Los Angeles, Calif.)

Back