• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Timmy Weah headed to Celtic. Really good fit for competitive minutes if I have to completely set aside my disdain for the manager.

Looks like Sargent has had a couple of very successful sub appearances. Hope he finally turns into the Forward that we have all been wanting for the past 20 years.

🙏

Sigi’s son, Kurt, was a member of the Deacs 2000 soccer recruiting class and played two seasons before heading back to the West coast and finishing at UCLA with a National Championship.

Cause he's never been an established starter for any of the Championship clubs he's be loaned out to for the past 4 years

Interesting take given the (lack of) quality of some who have worn the shirt in the past. Should I list names? I'm pretty sure a large number of them wouldn't sniff a spot on a side like Derby.

It’s the correct take. Pull the stats on his starts and appearences for each club over the past 4 years. Sure, he’s in great form currently, but that’s not what you asked. I’m sure he’ll be included in the March squads, as it’s the first international break since he “got hot”.

I’d say there’s a bigger question mark as to why we haven’t seen Alfredo Morales than Duane Holmes. Morales with a solid career starting in the Bundesliga for years.

Speaking of Bundesliga, Tyler Adams has looked very, very good in his first start for RB Leipzig. Kid looks right at home and has been solid defending and getting involved in the attack. Has not missed a beat making the transition in only a few weeks

Looking forward to tonight’s match to see if Berhalter’s presence has any impact given the hodge-lodge lineup we will have tonight.

6k tickets sold as of yesterday lol

Playing a Camp Cupcake friendly in a NFL Stadium in a non-MLS market is example number one million why the U.S. Soccer head execs and PR people are complete and total idiots. The training camp leading up to match was in So Cal, play it at the new LAFC stadium, and charge MLS prices. It would sell out. Instead its just going to lead to more negative press and mockery.

Excited to see Mihaliovic, apparently he and Roldan impressed in camp according to a podcast or two I listen to. He's suppose to be a #8/#10 type. Coming off an ACL injury but was a highly regarded youth prospect.

Excited to see Mihaliovic, apparently he and Roldan impressed in camp according to a podcast or two I listen to. He's suppose to be a #8/#10 type. Coming off an ACL injury but was a highly regarded youth prospect.

from MY FIRE

Back