• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

@jas_bai

Hearing from sources: #USSF has given assurances to Tepper that if he gets a #MLS franchise and a renovated stadium, #Charlotte will get #WorldCup2026 group stage and early knockout round matches.

Weston McKennie: 90’ in a 0-0 draw with Freiburg

Tyler Adams: 90’, assist in a 3-1 win over Stuttgart (RBL 4-0 with him in starting XI)

John Brooks: 90’ in a 3-0 win over Mainz

Josh Sargent comes off the bench for Bremen, earns a free kick just outside the box in stoppage time that Claudio Pizarro converts at the death to steal a point at Hertha Berlin

Despite PuliSICK's challenges at Dortmund, it's nice to be excited again about American soccer

Watching ATL in the CONCACAF Champions League on the Yahoo Sports App on Roku for free. They were down 1-3 after the road leg in Costa Rica, but up 2-0 now in the first half and ahead on away goals.

They're playing at their second stadium in Kennesaw and the atmosphere is really impressive.

This is the year I get into MLS. I swear. It helps that I've gotten into the MLS Extra Time podcast. Currently one of my favorites.

Also can I propose that we merge the MLS and US Soccer thread? It seems reasonable considering that I'll just be talking to myself in an only MLS one. SD3 created both so its up to him.

Yeah, the Yahoo sports app for free with these games is pretty great. Not all have been great quality in terms of camera work and angles, but you really can't complain much.

Had a few friends at the game at Kennesaw. Looked great.

Good idea to merge as well.

IN on the MLS chatter

my fire with a few last-minute additions to make the team competitive in what has to be Schweinsteiger's last season

ended the season with him at CB, which totally wastes his creativity going forward -- looking good to get him back to the midfield with some weapons around him

I'm not gonna pretend I understand all the ins-and-outs of the MLS roster construction/salary rules, but looks like things are coming to a head with LAFC and their attempt to strong-arm the league into allowing them four designated players.

I'm not gonna pretend I understand all the ins-and-outs of the MLS roster construction/salary rules, but looks like things are coming to a head with LAFC and their attempt to strong-arm the league into allowing them four designated players.

I would bet they restructure Jonathan's to 1.5 and make Giovani's 7.5 with a wink wink.

New Inter Miami complex.

Wow. LA buyout Gio’s contract. It’ll be interesting to see where he lands.

Impressed with DC so far, Atlanta not as much.

Not a fan of these ex-player Dutch managers either. From my limited experience as a fan and observer, they all suck.

Last edited:
DC has done a decent job of disrupting what Atlanta is trying to do. Right now Atlanta is missing Almiron.

Dunno if anyone has noticed but Tim Weah has gone from playing in almost every game to not playing at all in the last few matches at Celtic

Back