• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

MLS to Charlotte is 100% a done deal. Franchise #30 will be announced in early December

Glad to see this. Seems like he's been out forever.

i want memorial stadium replaced with a soccer stadium for entirely selfish reasons

Names filed with the Trademark Office:

Charlotte FC
Charlotte Crown FC
Charlotte Fortune FC
Charlotte Monarchs FC
Charlotte Athletic FC
Charlotte Town FC
Charlotte Gliders FC
All Carolina FC

lotta meh

Honestly not a fan of “Charlotte” whatever. Will make me and people from other parts of the state less likely to get involved.

Should be Carolina __________

Go with Panthers model of creating a fanbase across both states.

Honestly not a fan of “Charlotte” whatever. Will make me and people from other parts of the state less likely to get involved.

Should be Carolina __________

Go with Panthers model of creating a fanbase across both states.

I feel like Carolina United is right there

Names filed with the Trademark Office:

Charlotte FC
Charlotte Crown FC
Charlotte Fortune FC
Charlotte Monarchs FC
Charlotte Athletic FC
Charlotte Town FC
Charlotte Gliders FC
All Carolina FC

lotta meh

Terrible. A WNBA name, popular Atlanta country club name, a couple of names unbelievably stupid, a name related to banking presumably (lol so dumb). These are like 7th grader names or something that should be on a list of what not to call the team.

I feel like Carolina United is right there

Carolina United is better than all of those. They probably paid some consultants like $800k to come up with that list of trash when a couple of message board losers come up with a better name in 5 minutes.

Raleigh doesn't want to be a part of this team, FWIW. I think that's why you see the Charlotte name a lot more than Carolina.

I actually prefer Queen City Soccer Club to Charlotte ______________

even though that would never fly, I just like it better

well, as the real Queen City, they ought to have

at least Cincinnati is a cooler city name than Charlotte

Back