• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Spector had filled in well at RB against a quality opponent? When the fuck did that happen?

I know the thought to most is that a flat 3 back is scary, but if taught right, it can be so devastating. I love that formation.

Spector had filled in well at RB against a quality opponent? When the fuck did that happen?

I know the thought to most is that a flat 3 back is scary, but if taught right, it can be so devastating. I love that formation.

Spector had a fairly good '09 CONFED cup. Other than that :noidea:

Napoli and Udinese have been using it to great effect. Pool's used it a couple times as well

flat back 3 works well with attacking fullbacks/wingbacks who like to stay wide - not really sure we have those types either.

debbie-downer-7.jpg

Last edited:
To me, one of the things about soccer I love most is the tactical part of the game - specifically, how different formations affect play and how you can compensate for, or fall victim to, personnel issues. My daughter's HS team just went from four across the back to a flat three.

Just watched a recap on the 07 Gold Cup match between us and Canada. The squad we field this summer would probably beat that squad by 4-5 goals. The improvement in our NT since then is amazing.

Alright so 4-5 goals is a stretch after thinking about it. Not near that actually. But it is still easy to see how much we have improved in 4 years. The future is bright.

Arg lineup vs USA: Andújar; Zanetti, Burdisso, Milito, Rojo; Banega, Mascherano, Cambiasso; Lavezzi, Messi, Di María

Beat Argentina you hairy USMNT!

And don't injure my Di Maria in the process, kthx.

Arg lineup vs USA: Andújar; Zanetti, Burdisso, Milito, Rojo; Banega, Mascherano, Cambiasso; Lavezzi, Messi, Di María

That's a really strong lineup. Banega is a phenomenal player and could give our guys all sorts of problems. Also, Lavezzi, Messi and Di Maria...well...

Grant Wahl

Sounding like US midfield vs ARG may be Bradley & Jones (holding) and Donovan, Edu & Dempsey. Not surprising given the opponent. Your take?

My take, umm duh

Jones hinted this morning that EDU will be the mid playing forward in front of him and Bradley.

Tweets saying that Timothy Chandler impressed in camp and Lichaj did not

Back