• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

This game has changed complexion quite nicely this half. LOVE it. Suddenly I believe we MIGHT win this thing.

This. Also, some REP for your avatar.

Sweet, thanks! Was trying to think of a new avatar and couldn't think of anything clever so decided to go with one of my favorite locations during my time at Wake.

Not sure if it has been discussed at all in other threads because I've been out of the loop but apparently the Women's Soccer program has received a big donation from a local donor around $20,000 if I remember right to go to renovations at Spry. The most significant renovation would be adding a brick "viewing deck" to the hill with grills and stuff. Sounds nice but they better not screw up the vibe of the hill! If people are interested and haven't seen the renderings yet let me know and I'll try to find them.

I know a lot of people think Gooch is just a hulking beast, but if I had to take one of our players in a street fight I'd take DeMerit every time.

Can't argue with that. His blog keeps me fairly updated on US happenings though. Know of any other writers I should read?

Not off the top of my head. I see them on my twitter feed, but I don't recall any names of writers.

I do like Grant Wahl. But he doesn't really do day to day articles. His twitter feed is nice though.

Sweet, thanks! Was trying to think of a new avatar and couldn't think of anything clever so decided to go with one of my favorite locations during my time at Wake.

Not sure if it has been discussed at all in other threads because I've been out of the loop but apparently the Women's Soccer program has received a big donation from a local donor around $20,000 if I remember right to go to renovations at Spry. The most significant renovation would be adding a brick "viewing deck" to the hill with grills and stuff. Sounds nice but they better not screw up the vibe of the hill! If people are interested and haven't seen the renderings yet let me know and I'll try to find them.

That sounds awesome. As long as they don't crack down on alcohol on the hill, i don't know how they could kill the vibe.

I for one would love to see those renderings. I hadn't heard about that

Seriously. Huge hats off to Bradley for these changes.

More than just the subs, which have worked out brilliantly, the 3 CMs have all squeezed in a closed down the spaces Messi loves to exploit. I give full credit to the boss for that. So, well done, Bob.

Amazing. There isn't a more enjoyable live sport to watch. ESPECIALLY with 80k people.

Speaking of which, you still making that trip to Old Trafford?

Plane leaves May 3rd. Dad asked if he could come along, I of course said yes.

1) This will lock him into loving United. The atmosphere for chelski (when we COULD be playing for the Title) will be electric.
2) He will pay for the hotel/food/cabs when we are together.

He is going to Ireland for a couple days and I think I'm going to go down to London to take in some lower league football. Also hoping to see a United Reserves or U-18 match live over there if the schedule works out.

So pumped.

Back