• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

This game should further solidify that we need to play a 4-4-2. Even though on paper it always seems like something else should be the better option, anytime we move away from it we look terrible and look amazing once we switch back. Makes no sense given where the talent falls, but results say everything

amy2vl.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is a rendering of the renovation to the hill. Basically it will be the brick wall with fencing instead of the basic chain link fence. The hill viewing will be moved lower/closer to the field and grills will be installed.

They also want to do renovations to the locker rooms and practice fields. There is still additional fundraising needed to get everything they want to do done.

The donation was $24,000 from a local supporter, pretty cool.

When is he healthy these days? That's the problem.

He's been playing for and captaining Hannover most of the season, including 90 last weekend. They're in a Champions League spot right now too. I suspect this is a classic "injury" before the international break.

Last edited:
He's been playing for and captaining Hannover most of the season, including 90 last weekend. They're in a Champions League spot right now too. I suspect this is a classic "injury" before the international break.

Ahhh, good to know. I need to follow the Bundesliga closer. Fun league to watch. Just haven't made the time to do so yet.

My thoughts on the match:

Bob Bradley- 9. Great on the tactical halftime changes. Subs. Formations. Lineup. No room for bob bradley Haters tonight.

Donovan- 5 Non existent almost all night. A few terrible passes and touches. 3 free kicks never got past the first defender.

Deuce- 6. Finally showed up in the last 25 minutes.

Demerit- 8 Well played in the back minus demerits terrible pass that he saved with a great tackle.

Gooch- 6 OK game but almost gave away a bad goal

Timmy- 9.9. Loses .1 due to no clean sheet

Timothy Chandler- 9. Changed our back line completely. Looked great pushing forward.

Edu- 6 looked much better in the 2nd in his natural defensive position

Boca- 7. Solid game but A little to many of those lobbed balls to no one

Jozy- 5.5. Meh. Had no help in the 1st in his defense

Spector- 4.5 rough night on the back line

Agudelo- 9.5 totally changed our attack

Jones- 4.5 looked slow. Passing was bad. Not a good night

Baby Bradley- 7.75 not so good first half saved by bossing the defensive midfield the 2nd half.

Last edited:
So can we call NEGREP on here NGAREP?

Random thought from surfing through the thread.

Also this is promising:

Chandler is an attacking midfielder by trade but has lined up as a defender in recent outings for Nurnberg. Chandler could eventually offer the United States an attacking option in central midfield or on the right flank, but before he finds a position with the national team, Chandler will be busy adjusting to the U.S. national team system.

So can we call NEGREP on here NGAREP?

Random thought from surfing through the thread.

Also this is promising:

Chandler is an attacking midfielder by trade but has lined up as a defender in recent outings for Nurnberg. Chandler could eventually offer the United States an attacking option in central midfield or on the right flank, but before he finds a position with the national team, Chandler will be busy adjusting to the U.S. national team system.

Looked great at right back last night. Looked great going forward.

Really pleased with the second half intensity last night. Didn't back down and didn't put up with any of the Argies' BS. Totally agreed that bringing on Agudelo and Chandler totally changed the flow--even though we're outclassed in a technical sense against the Argentinas of the world, we can still compete by being solid at the back and having that explosive ability to counterattack with some of the pure athletes we can put out there. I also saw the beginnings of a solid partnership up front with Jozy and Agudelo. If we can get Davies back healthy again, we've got some real options. Good times.

Also, loved my man Deuce talking shit most of the second half.

I still think those red shirts were totally awesome.

I agree, BTW, that Bradley's tactical adjustment in the second half was key. That said, I think the 4-5-1 (or in our case 4-2-3-1) works much better, obviously, if Holden's on the field instead of Edu. I also think we need to adjust according to the opponent - Argentina provides much different matchup problems than Panama, for example. I hope he doesn't completely abandon the 4-2-3-1.

Ha!!

D6MERIT Jay DeMerit
Chasing Messi around feels like when you're 12 yrs old playing tackle football with your 16 year old brother and his buddies. #Rudy

Back