• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Freddy Adu-

gutted. tied 2-2. Cant remember the last time i was man marked in a game. prob my potomac cougar days

I agree, BTW, that Bradley's tactical adjustment in the second half was key. That said, I think the 4-5-1 (or in our case 4-2-3-1) works much better, obviously, if Holden's on the field instead of Edu. I also think we need to adjust according to the opponent - Argentina provides much different matchup problems than Panama, for example. I hope he doesn't completely abandon the 4-2-3-1.

What are the specifics on holdens injury? Saw the foul and heard 6 months.

So does Edu have a solid spot for the gold cup?

Love reading these soccer threads even though I watch everything dvr'd thanks for everybody's input.

What are the specifics on holdens injury? Saw the foul and heard 6 months.

So does Edu have a solid spot for the gold cup?

Love reading these soccer threads even though I watch everything dvr'd thanks for everybody's input.

Don't really know about Holden. Never really said. Assumed ligament damage.

Yes Edus spot on the Gold Cup is 99.9% secured assuming he is healthy

Anyone have any good Steak Marinade recipes? Need something to tailgate on Tuesday. Will probably buy a few of those packs that come with 2 Filets wrapped in Bacon for 5.99. Anyone have anything good?

Freddy Adu-

gutted. tied 2-2. Cant remember the last time i was man marked in a game. prob my potomac cougar days

Potomac cougar:

fvwav.jpg

Stu Holden is indeed ligament damage. Nothing completely torn, but fucked enough to keep him out unfortunately.

sd3 -- don't marinate steak. It is naturally delicious. But if you must:

goya-mojo-marinade.jpg

I use that on flank steak when I make steak fajitas. Very good.

was at the game last night. Thoughts:

-Awesome atmosphere, both during the tailgate and during the game. A healthy number of fans for both teams made the atmosphere inside the stadium great.
-It was a little bit hard to get into the game since we controlled the ball so little, but I thought we played pretty decently, especially in the second half.
-The New Meadowlands is pretty unimpressive for a 1+ billion dollar stadium. Definitely felt new and had great sight lines, but other than that can't really say it was all that great.

-I was frustrated that i kept being yelled at to sit down, especially right after intense parts of the game. I was in the upper deck, the lower bowl was standing the entire time.

“I sympathise with the players. They were managed by a madman – Raymond Domenech,” Pires said. “I speak from experience. When I was called up to play for France, when he was in charge, I felt I was going to a madhouse. I was physically sick. Arsene Wenger used to ask me what was wrong. I would reply that I didn’t want to go there. The man is insane.”
:laugh:

“It’s difficult to accept, but it’s part of the game,” Clichy told L’Equipe. “Even if there is no hierarchy, I know it’s there. I’m not going to lie to you: it’s disappointing, it is no fun, but I knew it was possible. I was prepared.”
You got dropped because Evra is better than you are, ya tit.

ahhh huhhh you know what it is, Agudelo Agudelo Agudelo everything I do I do it big.

Back