• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Stu tackle was bad but could have been even worse, guy just seems to have awful luck. When he first left Clemson to go to Sunderland he got jumped outside a bar and had his eye smashed in so bad that he missed an entire season. He is one of my favorite US players and I hate to see him go down.

Fucking Jonny Evans, dv7. What an asshole. He just ruined my summer.

I get that, but Stu went in with his studs showing as well. He was just unlucky that he was the one injured. Both players made dangerous tackle attempts.

Hate it for Stu, but even Gary Cahill said that Evans wasn't intentionally trying to hurt anyone. Just a really unfortunate injury.

hahahhaha, Scott the Red is so biased. This will please y'all.
http://therepublikofmancunia.com/video-evans-red-card-vs-bolton/

"Jonny Evans was shown a straight red card for a challenge on Stuart Holten which saw the Bolton player receive a cut on his leg. Both players’ feet left the ground, with Evans’ winning the ball, but after the Bolton player came off worse, Evans was sent off.

Fergie’s right, the refs are shite."

Not sure how anyone thinks that wasn't a red card offense. Once it happened I said to myself, "down to 10, fuck." One of the easiest sending offs you'll ever see.

stuholden Stuart Holden
Just had a sincere phone call from Jonny Evans wishing me the best in my recovery, def wasn't intentional, just unfortunate part of the game

I get that, but Stu went in with his studs showing as well. He was just unlucky that he was the one injured. Both players made dangerous tackle attempts.

Hate it for Stu, but even Gary Cahill said that Evans wasn't intentionally trying to hurt anyone. Just a really unfortunate injury.

He went in studs showing in only the most technical sense. Stu was looking to hook the ball to his left, and his boot was pointed in that direction. So yes, his studs were showing, but they weren't pointed at Evans. Like you said, it didn't seem intentional by any means, but they weren't equivalent challenges either.

article-1367977-0B3F760900000578-569_468x282.jpg

Evans also nearly went in two footed. His tackle was more dangerous, but Stu's was dangerous as well. All I'm saying.

stuholden Stuart Holden
Just had a sincere phone call from Jonny Evans wishing me the best in my recovery, def wasn't intentional, just unfortunate part of the game

Good for Johnny Evans. Here's to a speedy recovery from Stu

Jozy Altidore with a great turn and look on goal, but sends a blast just wide of the net in Bursaspor's match vs. Ankaragucu. 0-0, 78th

Back