• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Really sucks about Stu, was dying to see him v. Paraguay. What would that mean now then in the midfield?

Lando----bradley---edu----clint
--------------jones---------------

jozy up top alone?

i could see him trying two up front, but our strength in midfield is obviously greater than our strength up top. i think he'll start us out as a sort of 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1, see how we do after we concede our early goal (given) and work from there.

Ahh gotcha. I was thinking more long term gold cupish. Yeah i think bob plays it safe on Saturday. I think 4231 is what we get this weekend

USMNT vs Argentina:

-----------------Jozy----------------
---Bradley------Deuce----Donovan---
-----------Jones-------Edu----------
Bocanegra--Onyewu--Demerit--Lichaj
-------------Howard----------------

USMNT vs Paraguay:

---------Jozy------Agudelo--------
Donovan---Mixx---Jones---Chandler
Borenstein--Bocanegra--Ream--Lichaj
-------------Howard----------------

***Total Guesses

Could easily be off on the paraguay match. If we are playing to win (field our best team possible) then I think the only change that is made is sliding Donovan to the middle of the 4-2-3-1 and maybe chandler on the wing. I dont think Deuce plays in the paraguay match and he will recieve a well deserved rest. If we play to gain experience for out younger prospects then I dont think we can field a 4-2-3-1, thus the 4-4-2 i went with. Again, just guesses

Yeah I thought about that. And then remembered something about that Bradley played on the wing once is his earlier NT caps? So I moved Deuce to the middle. Could easily switch those back and not have a problem

Can't see Bradley on the left.

Thought that as well. Maybe use Edu further forward, he's not bad when he pushes into attack and can net some clutch goals (ask Rangers).

I'd say...

--------------jozy---------------
lando---------------------deuce
---------mo-------bradley------
-------------jones---------------

use that barca formation. doubt it'll happen but i love the look of it.

agreed. could easily see a 4-1-4-1 with Jones being the back one. Its just so up in the air at the moment

If practices werent closed to the public I would make the trip in a heartbeat

Ohh and I was reading the comments section of some article this afternoon, one comment really stuck out to me. Basically a poster ranting about how Michael Bradley has 50 Caps with the national team and 0 assists. I said no way thats true, then began thinking back as many goals as I could remember. Can anyone think of a goal MB assisted. I love MB, and in no way am I a hater, I just couldnt believe that the comment may be true.

He went in studs showing in only the most technical sense. Stu was looking to hook the ball to his left, and his boot was pointed in that direction. So yes, his studs were showing, but they weren't pointed at Evans. Like you said, it didn't seem intentional by any means, but they weren't equivalent challenges either.

article-1367977-0B3F760900000578-569_468x282.jpg

^ This

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Edu in the back or on the bench and have someone a little more creative used in the center or on the left in attack.

I would be surprised to see Edu on the bench. Very surprised, actually.

Back