• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

They are both mediocre at everything I've seen them do. Ever.

They blow and won't reach anywhere near international quality, IMO.

I agree that Shea didn't do well in his nat's appearances but there were only two of them. Call me a hopeless optimist but I'm in favor of giving both time.

And I think Dax could be a decent squad player. Maybe not a starter now but somebody to provide cover. Pretty sure this year will be very telling for his Int. career.

I'm always in favor of giving everybody a fair look.

A player's quality should show by age 23. I have seen very little from Dax.

Same reason I want United to sell Gibbo this summer, even though I love him, he simply isn't good enough for a club like MUFC.

A player's quality should show by age 23. I have seen very little from Dax.

Same reason I want United to sell Gibbo this summer, even though I love him, he simply isn't good enough for a club like MUFC.

I imagine that's been frustrating to watch. He shows flashes of class (his long range strikes are disgusting) but has never made that extra push into the first team.

But, yeah, 23 is about the age where you've either seen what you want to see or you get rid. We haven't seen a great deal of McCarty, but I think he's going to get a few more looks this year. If he doesn't step up, then I'm all for axing him.

Dax will be fine for filling in against second-tier CONCACAF opponents. There's a need for those types of players so that we don't burn out the first team players with travel and/or piss off their club team managers.

Also, I'm not ready to write off Shea. Dallas has switched him to center back, so let's see how he does in that role.

The discussion on the EPL thread had me thinking about who the captain for the US team at the next world cup would be. Boca could still be the guy but it seems unlikely given his age. Can Bradley get away with giving it to his son, or is it a foregone conclusion that Donovan is the guy?

I'd be surprised if it was anyone but Donovan, with Howard as the vice. Bradley should probably be getting in for next cycle.

The discussion on the EPL thread had me thinking about who the captain for the US team at the next world cup would be. Boca could still be the guy but it seems unlikely given his age. Can Bradley get away with giving it to his son, or is it a foregone conclusion that Donovan is the guy?

I think its the obvious here. ive heard a lot about baby bradley getting the armband but i doubt it will happen. Donovan is the front runner.

I'd love to see Bradley get it, but, like everyone else has said, Donovan has to be the choice with Howard as vice and Deuce as vice-vice

I can't stand Brek Shea. He brings nothing

405727d1300357223-unknown-swiss-pocket-watch-key-wound-need-help-identify-please-applause-gif

Charlie Davies on taking the PK on Saturday: "Dax walked over to me, and I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m taking this.’ " wapo.st/eayeZP

If this doesn't get you, then I'm not sure theres much in life that will...

Chills

Awesome video. Thanks.

Did anyone watch the game? Wondering if there's a noticeable difference in his athleticism and pace. More than anything, that's what he's trying to regain, right?

Back