• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Don't know if this was posted yet, but...

there are also a couple other videos of their training on the sidebar as well. also, matt, this practice looks somewhat open to the public...not happy.

dv7 note: this scouse lover can't figure out the youtube thing. By this time next year, I expect improvement, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had forgotten that there was a disallowed good goal in the Algeria game as well. My anger at Mali resulted in temporary memory gaps.

I remember when I was watching all the highlights it still friggen kills me to see the shitty calls that didnt go our way especially that one.

I remember when I was watching all the highlights it still friggen kills me to see the shitty calls that didnt go our way especially that one.

None of the shitty calls prevented us from "winning" our group and our only goal in our final game was a penalty. Bottom line: Refs, though poor, didn't cost us anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu1XzR65F5M

there are also a couple other videos of their training on the sidebar as well. also, matt, this practice looks somewhat open to the public...not happy.

I cant quite tell if thats public or not. I know yesterday USSoccer twitter was talking about the great turnout of coaches and scouts that were invited to come down and watch the practices to gain some experience from the coaches at the national level. However, I think I saw a kid and a woman standing on the fence, so that may disprove that theory.

Competitors and spectators at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar could be kept cool by artificial clouds hovering above stadiums, according to Qatari scientists.

Link

Ugh. Imagine if we hadn't blown that lead against Brazil.

None of the shitty calls prevented us from "winning" our group and our only goal in our final game was a penalty. Bottom line: Refs, though poor, didn't cost us anything.

Only counter argument I have is that had we beaten Slovenia we wouldn't have been under as much pressure vs Algeria, potentially allowing us to have more in the tank when we played Ghana a little over 72 hours later.

But I'm willing to admit that's a stretch. Also who knows if we would've won the group if we didn't have to beat the Algerians, and if we didn't that would've meant Germany and certain elimination.

dv7 note: this scouse lover can't figure out the youtube thing. By this time next year, I expect improvement, sir.

Pretty fucking shot by Deuce at the end. He's the man

yeah I know they didnt really cost us anything, just that one call made me loose my mind at the time.

889cccbebc0c0efbd31d71cbfc2d0838.jpg

I want to comment on that picture but really don't want to see a little black kid yelling at me afterwards.

Watching the replay of the Algeria game, and I had a question. I don't know all the rules of soccer, but on the Donovan goal, why was our guy who was in the net not offsides? Ball behind him, and only one guy in front of him(the guy lying on him)

Watching the replay of the Algeria game, and I had a question. I don't know all the rules of soccer, but on the Donovan goal, why was our guy who was in the net not offsides? Ball behind him, and only one guy in front of him(the guy lying on him)

Not involved in the play. As in, he didn't interfere with the goal going in directly.

He is what you would call "passively offside." It's the part of the offside rule that most people (including more Asst Refs than I would like) understand.

Back