• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

man, optimism for the future of the USMNT has gotta be at its highest ever

tempered by the fact that US Soccer is a crony operation

A lot of the non American Barça accounts I follow are very high on how Konrad has played so far this preseason

Chris Richards getting first team minutes today for Bayern.

And with those 17 mins he officially jumps every MLS and English Championship level CB in the pool. Being the 4th CB for Bayern Munich is worth that much. Alaba is out for a few weeks so Im guessing he will hang around at least until the Winter break. Might get loaned out for the second half of the season to a lower Bundesliga club.

Brooks-Richards please - although rumors out there that Wolfsburg are trying to move Brooks on

Official US Soccer / World Cup 2022 Thread

Our best player hasn’t been capped yet. @me

Most potential? Yes. Although he seems to be 100% committed. He’s two years ahead of where Christian was at this point. He’s also much bigger and stronger.

I mean a freaking 17 year old American started at the #10 and scored the first goal of the domestic season for Dortmund. Unreal.

A lot of the non American Barça accounts I follow are very high on how Konrad has played so far this preseason

Played so well in their last friendly that the other team's coach was suitably impressed and they've reached out to Barca about getting Konrad on loan for the season.

A thread to discuss a sporting event 2 years in the future? why not!

WCQ going to be changed again - Nations League pushed back to July

Not sure how they're going to squeeze in 14 qualifiers in one calendar year

Sounds like both Bayern and Barcelona have made bids for Dest now with Semedo being sold to Wolves. Crazy how quickly his stock has risen.

Dest to Barcelona sounds like it's agreed. He's apparently choosing Barca over Bayern.

Chris Richards got the start at RB for Bayern today and has an assist. Could work out well for him that Dest chose Barcelona.

Official US Soccer / World Cup 2022 Thread

Chris Richards got the start at RB for Bayern today and has an assist. Could work out well for him that Dest chose Barcelona.

He is their highest rated defender on FotMob and when he came off it was 3-1. Finished 4-3 and Pavard who came on to replace him did not play well. He legitimately might be replacing him at RB since he’s quicker and harder to get behind. Wild stuff.

Last edited:
Dest comes on for Barca at LB in the 77th minute. Is asked to stay back defensively and does well not getting beat by Sevilla player. Game ends 1-1, same as when he came on.

Love to see him out there. De la Fuente has had some first team action in the preseason too.

Back