• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banned: rkarl

rkarl has been around a long time before today

that "roofies in Charlotte" thread really tricked me. i'm assuming justice is forthcoming.

People were fooled by it because it was a spot on Parody.

Is this not the whole point of a Parody? Mods, I ask you, if you get suckered into him, do you not laugh? If you rep him, does his bar not change? If a Mod wrong a Parody, what should his sufferance be by Mod example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

that "roofies in Charlotte" thread really tricked me. i'm assuming justice is forthcoming.

Does not compute.

A parody thread is not the same thing as imitating/pretending to be another poster.

I know most of you guys hate RJ, but it's a ban of a parody we're talking about here. We're already quite loose with parodies if you haven't noticed, and no action has been taken against the creator of the parody. This is not the end of the world.

Is this not the whole point of a Parody? Mods, I ask you, if you get suckered into him, do you not laugh? If you rep him, does his bar not change? If a Mod wrong a Parody, what should his sufferance be by Mod example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

It's the point of a parody, but you also have to be able to distinguish them name and/or avatar wise. This was the main issue with this one.

It was also really shitty timing to start posting again on that parody given that we had just banned another imitation parody for this exact same poster.

It's the point of a parody, but you also have to be able to distinguish them name and/or avatar wise. This was the main issue with this one.

It was also really shitty timing to start posting again on that parody given that we had just banned another imitation parody for this exact same poster.

I'm guessing this is the first parody that was pos repped and is now gone. Just admit that you buckled to the relentless whining of the target of the parody.

Just sad...

There was no rule put in place about rep affecting whether or not a parody would be banned. That only has to do with parodies being outed.

We've only had a few bans in the first place, if it's the first w/ positive rep it's because we have a ridiculously small sample size because we're pretty hands-off for the most part.

But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace soubriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me rkarl.

DV7's decision to un-mod himself now makes more sense.

A. He didn't want to be associated with pussified decision making and

B. This place is now on the downhill slide to being somewhere that DV7 will rebel against and he'll have to leave to create a new message board.

Just admit that you buckled to the relentless whining of the target of the parody.

Just sad...

Think about this, there are 71 posts of many different posters bitching about rkarl being banned, but it is not enough to annoy and bother the mods to get rkarl unbanned. This must mean that RJ sent not 100's but 1000's of all cap PMs and his barrage was greater in magnitude than even this thread.

Think about this, there are 71 posts of many different posters bitching about rkarl being banned, but it is not enough to annoy and bother the mods to get rkarl unbanned. This must mean that RJ sent not 100's but 1000's of all cap PMs and his barrage was greater in magnitude than even this thread.

Plus we know all you guys will get over this fairly quickly. Because you realize it's just the internetz.

*grumble* *grumble* transparency was a poor choice.

*grumble* *grumble* transparency was a poor choice.

For poor decisions, it usually is. not so much for good decisions.

I'm guessing the next assault you guys will get will be to eliminate all neg reps for RJ. Get prepared. Once you buckle, you are a buckler.

Haha. Well there are very very few decisions that foster 100% agreement, especially among you guys.

Except for when we at the OGBoards.com/AD elite finally let Ron know it's time to let Bzz go.

DV7's decision to un-mod himself now makes more sense.

A. He didn't want to be associated with pussified decision making and

B. This place is now on the downhill slide to being somewhere that DV7 will rebel against and he'll have to leave to create a new message board.

Wait a minute, wasn't it RJ's idea for a 3rd board!? This is some Illuminati, Da Vinci Code conspiracy shit right here!

Back