• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Letter to Dr. Hatch

$700,000K is not going to buy you a great basketball coach.

I agree that if even Carson leaving happens, we need to try and find the money to get somebody. You have some time here, but calling it a "national disgrace" is probably not going to register. Dealing with a Today Show piece on a post Cleveland State he says blowjob she says hand off rape is a national disgrace. This is a defined as a big problem. I don't think hyperbole helps.

I also think Wellman is the guy to hit and not Hatch, but whatever.

For this to happen, Wellman is going to have to go digging. Even if successful, that is going to take a week minimum. I don't think they can fire Bzd until they start getting a ballpark number of how much money they can scrounge up and that is a big ??? this morning, I would think.

I know Wellman HATES to ask for money for this kind of stuff. Scoreboard yes, to clean up hiring mistakes no. Call it pride, call it what you will, but he hates it. Plus, then whomever becomes the buyout/new coach contract "savior(s)" will hold a different power dynamic with Wellman than they do now, which is unsettling. You get money for a scoreboard, once the scoreboard is chosen and erected, those people most financially responsible can't really hold your hand to the fire so to speak. The project financed is complete. You need boosters to buy out and pay in to a new 5-year contract and you are basically giving power to those people for five years. Depending on who that is, it may be a small thing, but it is not something Wellman wants hanging over the department for a number of reasons.

Last edited:
What if all the rumors prove to be false? Only TC leaves and everybody else reconsiders and decides to stay. This could be epic...

Are you saying rj will take credit for the players reconsidering? That doesn't sound like rj.

I get the joke that you're making, but last night was the point of no return. To have any more players even on the brink of transferring (never mind one of the team's best players) is inexcusable. The issue of Bz needing to go finally became an urgent one.

I'm pretty sure LK got it but I'm not sure you do. Carry on.

$700,000K is not going to buy you a great basketball coach.

I agree that if if even Carson leaving happens, we need to try and find the money to get somebody. You have some time here, but calling it a "national disgrace" is probably not going to register. Dealing with a Today Show piece on a post Cleveland State he says blowjob she says hand off rape is a national disgrace. This is a problem. I don't think hyperbole helps here.

For this to happen, Wellman is going to have to go digging. Even if successful, that is going to take a week minimum. I don't think they can fire Bzd until they start getting a ballpark number of how much money they can scrounge up and that is a big ??? this morning, I would think.

Any coach would be be better than [Redacted] at this point. I'd take Sidney Lowe over [Redacted].

Ler bone, 14,000 vs. 9000=5000*$30*16 home games=$2.4M above current revenues (without parking or concessions)

the $7000,00 is how much more we'll lose next year.

What if all the rumors prove to be false? Only TC leaves and everybody else reconsiders and decides to stay. This could be epic...

Remember "Officially Unofficial" and the subsequent spin?

RJ, please share the response when it comes! I suspect there will be one of some sort.

well done, RJ...you could've worked in another franklin quote about fish and guests beginning to smell in 3 days by replacing guests with lackluster douche of a head hoops coach.

Ler bone, 14,000 vs. 9000=5000*$30*16 home games=$2.4M above current revenues (without parking or concessions)

While I know we state 9k average attendance because of tickets sold, we haven't averaged even 5k people in the actual building (and paying for parking and concessions). We have the potential for even more revenue than you estimate if the ticket holders in that 9k number actually show up and spend money again.

We are a long long way off from filling the building up again.

Last edited:

Okay. So then you better send an addendum email to Hatch explaining you initially fucked up the numbers and we'll have an extra $2.4 million annually by hiring a ringer because your email doesn't say that.

Hand off rape? Nobody got raped, the bitch blew him willingly.

Its not the university's fault that she makes bad decisions and is a whore.

Okay. So then you better send an addendum email to Hatch explaining you initially fucked up the numbers and we'll have an extra $2.4 million annually by hiring a ringer because your email doesn't say that.

I don't need you're the only one who didn't get it.

People we need to go PTI on Hatch!!!

Everyone needs to send an email.

I don't need you're the only one who didn't get it.

So you think your email makes clear we have $2.4 million more available by filling the seats? Nobody got that. They like the fact you sent a somewhat shrill email to the President of Wake Forest.

I suspect rj was done with Bz the minute TC transferred. And he wrote a good letter here.

Hand off rape? Nobody got raped, the bitch blew him willingly.

Its not the university's fault that she makes bad decisions and is a whore.

Doesn't matter. The girl left school and the story was on the Today show. It was an embarrassment. Having scholarship players transfer is troubling. It's not an embarrassment. Having scholarship players beat their girlfriends is an embarrassment, DUIs are a minor embarrassment.

Look I'm all for outing Bzd, if more than Tony C transfers happen. I think it is a huge gamble, and one Ron Wellman and whomever he consults with must decide. He's got to find a significant amount of money. If he whiffs and doesn't get Groce or Shaka and whomever else is on his short list, then all the chess pieces he's been studying for the last year: Syracuse, Pitt, ACC revenues, current buyouts, available coaches, all those pieces get thrown up in the air and he about three weeks to reassemble and then study them. If we're butt lucky, Groce or Smart has had an eye on a Tobacco Road job all along. If we're not lucky, like three years ago, then who knows.

Back