• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Letter to Dr. Hatch

I suspect rj was done with Bz the minute TC transferred. And he wrote a good letter here.

It's to the wrong person, and the lead sentence is shrill and undercuts the whole rest of the email, IMO.

It's to the wrong person, and the lead sentence is shrill and undercuts the whole rest of the email, IMO.

It's not bad considering who penned it, but it does start off like it is in the middle of an on going email.

Jesus Christ - Couldn't you have proofread that before you sent it?

The first sentence is fine. looking back I'd change flip positions of the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

I sent the following letter to Dr. Hatch- is email is hatch@wfu.edu :

Dear Dr. Hatch,

What’s happening with the basketball program is a disgrace of a national level!

The reality is if he stays more players may leave and the incoming class may request waivers.

Coach [Redacted] must be fired immediately! If Athletic Director Wellman won’t do it, then he should be terminated as well.

The concept of us not having the funds to do the right thing reminds me of Ben Franklin’s admonition of “penny wise and pound foolish”. Keeping the coach for even one more week will cost the program far more in prestige and dollars then ballasting him.

Our attendance is down close to 5000 people per game from when Skip Prosser was our coach and won’t get back to those levels for as long as Coach [Redacted] is at Wake. Thinking strictly dollars and cents, if we lose another 2000 ticket sales per game, that easily equals over $700,000 per year from ticket sales alone. Advertising revenue and concessions will also fall.

Conversely, hiring an exciting coach should create a positive atmosphere and fill The Joel again. This will more than make-up for the additional costs.

Inaction will make wake Forest a national laughingstock for the next five years. Not only will the athletic department directly lose millions of dollars unnecessarily, but all aspects of fund-raising will be impacted.

Don’t be penny wise and pound foolish!

With true sadness,

Assuming that this is the real RJ... EXCELLENT! And welcome aboard!

I wrote one to Hatch. As far as I'm concerned Wellman is a lost cause at this point.

Both are included in the Wake address book. I would imagine one is his personal address (nhatch) while one is used for broadcast e-mails (hatch). A secretary probably reads both, but he might personally check the nhatch one as well.

It probably doesn't help us analyze our options when Wellman's CFO is leaving this week for Texas. Hopefully, we already ran all the financial modeling necessary to can him given the way his two years have gone.

If its all about the $$$ fire Bzzz and replace him with a current staff member if we have to. Just get that cancer out of towm.

I wrote a letter to Wellman a couple weeks ago. While he didn't say "Oh Heavens yes!" in his reply, I did get a personal one that was basically what I expected. The gist was Poor Bzzz...no one in the world could have had been expected to have a better season in light of all the players we've lost over the last two seasons. Wonder what he'll say now with even more losses? Sheesh. RW may award Bzzz a medal of honor. I'm afraid this won't inspire him to relieve him of his duties.

I don't think any emailing Hatch, Wellman or Bzdick will do any good. I wrote Wellman twice last year. He responded once. Maybe the best of the 3 would be Bzdick. Slightly better chance he'll resign if he realizes he is universally hated than Hatch or Wellman doing anything about this situation.

I wrote a letter to Wellman a couple weeks ago. While he didn't say "Oh Heavens yes!" in his reply, I did get a personal one that was basically what I expected. The gist was Poor Bzzz...no one in the world could have had been expected to have a better season in light of all the players we've lost over the last two seasons. Wonder what he'll say now with even more losses? Sheesh. RW may award Bzzz a medal of honor. I'm afraid this won't inspire him to relieve him of his duties.

This is actually my worst fear as well, that these transfers, to Wellman at least, allow for further diminished expectations for next year.

I don't think any emailing Hatch, Wellman or Bzdick will do any good. I wrote Wellman twice last year. He responded once. Maybe the best of the 3 would be Bzdick. Slightly better chance he'll resign if he realizes he is universally hated than Hatch or Wellman doing anything about this situation.

I doubt it. Pay me $1M/year and I can take a lot of hate.

Good job on the letter RJ. Welcome to Bzzoutville, current population 98.6% of Wake Forest fans/alumni.

Back