• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Bz - Midseason Report

#BuzzIn or #BuzzOut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I may have been the only intentional BuzzIn vote in the previous poll. Have seen nothing to change my mind since then.

All of these polls should be public.

I will never be buzzin, but I find myself getting excited about the team despite myself the past few games. We still aren't near the level we should be at, but at least the players are trying hard and it is pretty easy to root for them. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we'll be getting a fourth year of [Redacted] in any case, but I hope we get a good coach to see the maturation of the current and incoming players after that.

This is not a midseason report on Bzz it's are you for Bzz or not for Bzz poll.

I expected this to be some sort of grading of this season's performance. Use A,B,C etc, or poor, better than expected, great.

People can be Bzz out and still say, we are doing better than they thought the team or coach would.

This is not a midseason report on Bzz it's are you for Bzz or not for Bzz poll.

I expected this to be some sort of grading of this season's performance. Use A,B,C etc, or poor, better than expected, great.

People can be Bzz out and still say, we are doing better than they thought the team or coach would.

This is a midseason report on the State of the Bz like I have done at other key points periodically for comparison. Feel free to debate what you want elsewhere.

ETA: Is it not showing up as public for everyone else? If not I will post the results in a few days. I thought for sure that I clicked to make it public. I can see the votes.

Got it. Have to click on the total votes number to get who voted for which option. I thought in the past it just came up public.

All good, TITS WF.

Expectations can always be exceeded, when the bar is lowered as far as it can possibly be.

I think I just drunk voted BuzzIn. Saddest day in quite.some time. Might have a drinking problem. Just to clarify: BuzzOut til he's gone. Now and forever.

I think I just drunk voted BuzzIn. Saddest day in quite.some time. Might have a drinking problem. Just to clarify: BuzzOut til he's gone. Now and forever.

That's Ok. When Bz leads us to our first final 4 in 50 years, you can point back to this poll and claim you were BzIn the whole time. ;)

Bzz will never have us sniffing the NCAA tourney much less the final 4. What is he going to do when the savior against bad teams CJ is gone. Bzzz out. The fact that we are competing with bad teams now might be enough to show a good young coach that he can win here with what we have in the stable.

Bzz will never have us sniffing the NCAA tourney much less the final 4. What is he going to do when the savior against bad teams CJ is gone. Bzzz out. The fact that we are competing with bad teams now might be enough to show a good young coach that he can win here with what we have in the stable.

This. I really like this freshman class, but a lot of the guys are long-term projects. The fact that we actually have some level of raw talent to speak of makes it even more frustrating that we still have Bzdumbass running the show. A coach who knew how to coach could develop these freshmen into a solid squad with tournament potential.

This was my post from around the Seton Hall game:

"My love of Wake makes me want to believe we can beat Xavier, Virginia, and BC in our next 4. Clemson, GA Tech, FSU all seem mediocre. For a real win how about Carolina in February? They've looked horrible at times and we match up ok with them. UVA should be a win. Want me to believe that a turnaround is even remotely possible? Win 9 more games this year. Should be absolutely achievable with the talent on hand in a weak ACC."

So maybe I'd move myself to a very skeptical BzzWait, but so far we're on track. We did beat Xavier, UVA, and BC. To continue the theme, we need to take 1 of the next 2 away games then beat GA Tech in between Duke and NC State. If this team is seriously improving, let's shock NC State at home or at least give them a serious scare.

From just watching games though, the eye test has us in a tier below Miami/FSU/UNC and a couple tiers below NC State and Duke. Not sure what to make of Maryland yet. It'd be nice to cement our step over the GaTech/VaTech/UVA/BC/Clemson portion of the league though. Last year, 6th in the ACC was a tie at 9-7. We get the job done against the bottom feeders and grab an upset or two over the Miami/FSU/UNC/Maryland crew and that would convince me. Anything under .500 in this league considering how we're playing now and I'll remain unconvinced.

Find myself agreeing with DCDeac yet again. I would be feeling pretty OK about things at 8-10 this year if we signed another big time recruit in 14.

Back