• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Bz - Midseason Report

#BuzzIn or #BuzzOut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be surprised if wellman is willing to hitch his wagon to bzd at years end. Going to be all about acc wins momentum improvement and excitement level of donors. I think they will talk about money available to hire an elite coach and the unique situation of acc expansion + new money + the liklihood of no acc coaching vacancies other than perhaps us if we go that way. Here's hoping gtech goes o a run

It will be classic risk reward discussion/decision. For example. In te nfl the Seahawks and 49ers got better leverage in trading their backup qbs the minute rgiii went down and cousins came off the market. Same thing with our decision to change coaches. If gtech fires their coach the minute after their season it changes wellman's equation

Last edited:
Absent a huge improvement from at least two players, [Redacted] will be fired next season if not this season.

Start up another poll. Some of the BzzzTweeners had premature ejaculation in their pants after those 2 unimpressive wins. Bzzz The Fuck Out.

Absent a borderline uncharacteristic improvement from at least two players, [Redacted] will be fired next season if not this season.

FIFY

Why wait on the improbable? Fire him now.

It comical to me that folks allowed two 3 point home wins in a row over ACC bottom dwellers to sway them back towards Buzzin. If those games hadn't been back to back, they wouldn't have made a bump in Bz's support at all. Complete and total luck of the draw and all of the sudden folks are predicting 7+ wins in the ACC. It looks particularly funny when you see those two wins sandwiched between two games against "legit" competition:

2llya9l.jpg

FIFY

Why wait on the improbable? Fire him now.

I keep saying this. And I'm not saying we shouldn't fire him. But the problem is, if Wellman finally caves and fires Buzzdick, it's still Wellman making the next hire. If Wellman really is serious about the recruiting restrictions he is placing on Buzzdick, do you have any faith whatsoever that he'll make a good hire?

I keep saying this. And I'm not saying we shouldn't fire him. But the problem is, if Wellman finally caves and fires Buzzdick, it's still Wellman making the next hire. If Wellman really is serious about the recruiting restrictions he is placing on Buzzdick, do you have any faith whatsoever that he'll make a good hire?

No faith whatsoever, but he either makes a good hire and the team gets back on track, or makes another bad hire, which leads to his firing. The 2nd scenario delays getting us back on track as a team, but no more so than keeping Bzz around and letting Wellman make the same hire/fire decision a year from now.

It comical to me that folks allowed two 3 point home wins in a row over ACC bottom dwellers to sway them back towards Buzzin. If those games hadn't been back to back, they wouldn't have made a bump in Bz's support at all. Complete and total luck of the draw and all of the sudden folks are predicting 7+ wins in the ACC. It looks particularly funny when you see those two wins sandwiched between two games against "legit" competition:

2llya9l.jpg

I think people were just happy to see some wins but in those wins we had to have some huge performances from Mckie and Harris. And Clemscum isn't that good of a basketball team either, so it's not like we just lost to another good ACC team. The Dook loss is completely excusable and I'm sure we'll get destroyed by State and Miami as well but like you said the ACC is pretty damn weak and we still suck. I really hope they boot him at the end of this season but with Wellman, we'll never know. Wake basketball deserves better than 9-7, that's for sure.

If Wellman values his job he better start running throught that rolodex... he might want to get past B this time.

Just got my Annual Fund solicitation. "What we are doing is for a better Wake Forest, and that is our destiny." Quoting Harold Trible ('48). I am wondering what is better about our athletic department right about now.

Just got my Annual Fund solicitation. "What we are doing is for a better Wake Forest, and that is our destiny." Quoting Harold Trible ('48). I am wondering what is better about our athletic department right about now.

The same President who has allowed RW to ruin our athletic department is also in charge of those funds. Don't expect to find competence just because its a different department.

Back