• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#IntenseWakeFan Trended on Twitter during Wake / MD Game (Wash Post)

Brendan207

Reaction score
From the WP:

"What is the role of a fan attending a super-important game for his or her favorite sports team? Sure, it varies by sport, but if you’re an old-school type like me, you’d probably say it’s to generally watch your team win, stand and yell and clap when it seems like it’s appropriate to stand and yell and clap (hint: when everyone else in the arena is standing and yelling and clapping), and otherwise not draw too much attention to yourself.

Well, #IntenseWakeFan laughs in the face of traditionalists like us. During Maryland’s 75-62 win last night in the first round of the ACC tournament, this man, sitting standing behind the Wake Forest bench, became a trending topic on Twitter because of his unbridled enthusiasm. Take a look:"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/03/15/morning-pixels-intensewakefan-takes-over-twitter-during-terps-acc-win/

Do we know this guy?

Yes, that's Ken Herbst. Details can be found in various threads.

I remember when we had intense Wake fans (plural).

Thanks, Bz.

Awesome, hopefully Kim Ron Il's gestapo won't take him out...

A bunch of the MD writers were tweeting about him because he must've been right across from press row.

I'm sure he's grown up since, I just remember having a class with Herbst back in the day and he acted like he was 13.

Speaking on intense fans, who is this guy they always show on TV with the hat?
screen-shot-2013-01-22-at-11-26-18-pm.png

A little background on Kenny- He sits on the bottom row in section 116 at the Joel, right in front of the family of basketball staff. This is not his regular seat- he kind of wondered over there one game, cheered his ass off, and the people in that section just kind of "kept" him for the remainder of the season.

I noticed that he was sitting beside Nina [Redacted] last night.

A little background on Kenny- He sits on the bottom row in section 116 at the Joel, right in front of the family of basketball staff. This is not his regular seat- he kind of wondered over there one game, cheered his ass off, and the people in that section just kind of "kept" him for the remainder of the season.

I noticed that he was sitting beside Nina [Redacted] last night.

Wait, so was he the guy who bitched Buzz out or the guy who jumped up to defend?

Wait, so was he the guy who bitched Buzz out or the guy who jumped up to defend?

I would assume he was the defender if he was involved at all. I didn't see this happen, had to take my kid to the bathroom. When I returned, this had already gone down and I couldn't get a clear picture of what went down.

Back