• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#IntenseWakeFan Trended on Twitter during Wake / MD Game (Wash Post)

He made it onto TV during the tourney one year when his last institution of employment made it to the Big Dance. Cant remember the school, was it Lehigh or Lafayette or some "L" school?

Too many brain cells destroyed by bourbon...help a brotha out!

The guy with the hat is Section 2 Overalls I think, have sat near him at a few away football games and he is a passionate fan, gotta love him.

He is huge Bz supporter but will be a huge supporter of whoever is coaching.

I kinda like that.

I love his passion and support, but you can be passionate, support and greatly care about Wake Forest and still realize and be outspoken when something is wrong. I don't really find anything all that redeeming about somebody supporting someone just because they are at Wake Forest, without regard to anything else. So, if we had an Islamic terrorist as our head coach, I guess overalls would be a huge supporter?

He made it onto TV during the tourney one year when his last institution of employment made it to the Big Dance. Cant remember the school, was it Lehigh or Lafayette or some "L" school?

Too many brain cells destroyed by bourbon...help a brotha out!

I don't think he was ever a professor at either of those schools. St. Joe's and William and Mary before Wake.

Kenny got some press during our 2004 run b/c he played for Wake and taught at St Joes.

Let's not start the rumor that Kenny defended Bz against the track suit guy. There's no evidence of it.

The guy with the hat is Section 2 Overalls I think, have sat near him at a few away football games and he is a passionate fan, gotta love him.

That's him. He's a raging hypocrite though, as he has questioned Grobe/Lobo in the past but instantly jumps to "you're not a real fan" when someone questions Bz. He, like you bcobb, is a huge Bzzinner. He was also a great "friend" of Rulz...

I'm not 100% sure its the same guy so I've never posted this. But a guy who looks like the overalls guy (although he didnt have them on that day) made a complete ass hat out of himself at a Richmond bball game a few years ago. This was a few days before the bowl game against Navy in DC. We played Richmond on the road and I think some people (including myself) went to both games, sort of made a weekend out of it.

This guy had a wife and son with him. He was sitting like three rows in front of me and kept jawing back and forth with whoever challenged his jackassery. He got in a heated argument with some Richmond fan about whether Wake was really the #10 team in the nation or some stupid shit. He became increasingly annoying. At one point he stood up and was challenging anybody to come down and "make him shut up." I felt embarrased for his wife and kid. Not a good rep of Wake.

Again I dont know if its the same guy but he looks like him. If Overalls is all rah rah and positivity all the time than it is probably not the same guy.

I'm not 100% sure its the same guy so I've never posted this. But a guy who looks like the overalls guy (although he didnt have them on that day) made a complete ass hat out of himself at a Richmond bball game a few years ago. This was a few days before the bowl game against Navy in DC. We played Richmond on the road and I think some people (including myself) went to both games, sort of made a weekend out of it.

This guy had a wife and son with him. He was sitting like three rows in front of me and kept jawing back and forth with whoever challenged his jackassery. He got in a heated argument with some Richmond fan about whether Wake was really the #10 team in the nation or some stupid shit. He became increasingly annoying. At one point he stood up and was challenging anybody to come down and "make him shut up." I felt embarrased for his wife and kid. Not a good rep of Wake.

Again I dont know if its the same guy but he looks like him. If Overalls is all rah rah and positivity all the time than it is probably not the same guy.

I remember that guy...don't remember him well enough to know if it was Overalls though.

Haha sounds like him if he is anything like his internet persona in real life.

Oh duh! Can't believe I forgot it was St. Joe's!! Doesn't seem so long ago, but then again, it seems like forever ago that CP3 was running the point. Shit I'm getting old. I still hate Jameer Nelson.

That's him. He's a raging hypocrite though, as he has questioned Grobe/Lobo in the past but instantly jumps to "you're not a real fan" when someone questions Bz. He, like you bcobb, is a huge Bzzinner. He was also a great "friend" of Rulz...

Uh, I actually know the guy and am good friends with him so I don't know wth you are talking about. He and I have talked on numerous occasions about needing to fire Bzz.

There is actually a funny story about him. When he was a freshman and I was a junior I saw him in the Pit eating lunch on the day of a Wake Forest basketball game and I got up in his face jokingly about not wearing his tie-dye shirt. Ever since that day he started wearing Wake Forest stuff to everything and then it evolved into the hat and everything.

Speaking on intense fans, who is this guy they always show on TV with the hat?
screen-shot-2013-01-22-at-11-26-18-pm.png

I'm talking about the guy with the hat

From the WP:

"What is the role of a fan attending a super-important game for his or her favorite sports team? Sure, it varies by sport, but if you’re an old-school type like me, you’d probably say it’s to generally watch your team win, stand and yell and clap when it seems like it’s appropriate to stand and yell and clap (hint: when everyone else in the arena is standing and yelling and clapping), and otherwise not draw too much attention to yourself.

Well, #IntenseWakeFan laughs in the face of traditionalists like us. During Maryland’s 75-62 win last night in the first round of the ACC tournament, this man, sitting standing behind the Wake Forest bench, became a trending topic on Twitter because of his unbridled enthusiasm. Take a look:"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/03/15/morning-pixels-intensewakefan-takes-over-twitter-during-terps-acc-win/

Do we know this guy?

If he had worn his Members Only Jacket I would swear that it was Chrisl.

Uh, I actually know the guy and am good friends with him so I don't know wth you are talking about. He and I have talked on numerous occasions about needing to fire Bzz.

There is actually a funny story about him. When he was a freshman and I was a junior I saw him in the Pit eating lunch on the day of a Wake Forest basketball game and I got up in his face jokingly about not wearing his tie-dye shirt. Ever since that day he started wearing Wake Forest stuff to everything and then it evolved into the hat and everything.

Um...not the same guy. You're confused. The guy in the hat is a non-alum who wears black/gold overalls to every game. He is one of the most belligerent Bzzinners ever, to this day (look up his posts on the Scout board...he posts as Section2Overalls).

Last edited:
Back