• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

So at this point, the only original cast members left are Rick, Carl, Carol, and Darryl.

They're not going to kill Rick or Carl.

So either Carol or Darryl have about a season left. If they start exploring those two characters as a unit, WATCH OUT.

Edit: Forgot Glenn. He's definitely next. So maybe #CARRYL has a little longer.

Darryl will be there til the series finale in my opinion.

people actually enjoyed that half season?

the first episode was good, really good. the 2nd was ok. the 3rd was subpar. and the rest were utter shite.

Morgan being a wild card is fantastic. Great idea by Gimple/Kirkman.

The preview seemed to hold some flashbacks for the characters. I like flashbacks as long as they are like Abe's.

Glenn/Maggie are destined for a Romeo/Juliet style ending

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13484-1349223767-4.gif

Kirkman promises a solid 2nd half. Yall are tough on this show.

As good as TV has been the last 15 years or so (the "Sopranos era"), the past year outside of a handful of shows, there hasn't been much out there. TWD is one of the better ones.

No we're not. There's other shit we could be doing.

Then turn it the fuck off and go watch the Charlol Hornets or Carolol Panthers. They're much more frightening than TWD.

I can take the lulls in action since this show has always paid off afterwards.

And I'll second the "FO" award to Go for the thread title spoiler. Your punishment is to sit with 07 and get reviews of the comic books.

Then turn it the fuck off and go watch the Charlol Hornets or Carolol Panthers. They're much more frightening than TWD.

I can take the lulls in action since this show has always paid off afterwards.

And I'll second the "FO" award to Go for the thread title spoiler. Your punishment is to sit with 07 and get reviews of the comic books.

7567848128_58b554d39e_z1_zpscaf215b5.jpg

Sorry yall. Will wait a full 24 hours before doing Title changes.

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO WATCH.

Kirkman promises a solid 2nd half. Yall are tough on this show.

oh a guy with a producer's credit and gets more money if the show is more popular promises that the show in question won't continue to suck?

no way. i think ill crap my pants.

OWG = old white guy?

I never read Comics as a kid.

Oh man, it would be AWESOME if Kirkman killed him off in the very last episode. I can't describe to you how hard I would laugh.

In my opinion, there's only two ways this series can end. Either they all die (Rick, Darryl, whoever else is left in the group by that point) in a blaze of gory glory or they find a way to end the zombie outbreak. Can't see them going with the polly anna ending, so they're all going to die in the end. It also opens up the possibility to do another show set in the same zombie apocalypse following a different group.

How many more years does this show have left anyway? Maybe three?

In my opinion, there's only two ways this series can end. Either they all die (Rick, Darryl, whoever else is left in the group by that point) in a blaze of gory glory or they find a way to end the zombie outbreak. Can't see them going with the polly anna ending, so they're all going to die in the end. It also opens up the possibility to do another show set in the same zombie apocalypse following a different group.

How many more years does this show have left anyway? Maybe three?

They're already developing a spin off series following a different group...possibly in another country entirely.

Watching Emmy Kinney cry on the TTD was more heart-wrenching than the actual episode. (Kirkman probably wished he had scheduled to be somewhere else). The whole hospital / cops arc was lame, forced and too convoluted to make Beth's actions seem worth it at the end. The only positive (from a story-telling standpoint that is) is the emotional impact it will have on the characters and how it may change some of them in certain ways. For instance, Rick's future responses to what he deems poor decision-making (Lambson running and not stopping) by others will require even less deliberation and rumination. Like Key said, one strike and yerrrr OUT!!

Watching Emmy Kinney cry on the TTD was more heart-wrenching than the actual episode. (Kirkman probably wished he had scheduled to be somewhere else). The whole hospital / cops arc was lame, forced and too convoluted to make Beth's actions seem worth it at the end. The only positive (from a story-telling standpoint that is) is the emotional impact it will have on the characters and how it may change some of them in certain ways. For instance, Rick's future responses to what he deems poor decision-making (Lambson running and not stopping) by others will require even less deliberation and rumination. Like Key said, one strike and yerrrr OUT!!

It does seem to me that this would just push Rick even further into a Rictatorship. No more deliberation, just do it and deal with the consequences later.

Back