• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

The hospital didn't seem bad enough to justify Beth's kamikaze stabbing attempt of Dawn. Every place can't be full of cannibals like Terminus, but the show failed to show what was so awful about it.

The hospital didn't seem bad enough to justify Beth's kamikaze stabbing attempt of Dawn. Every place can't be full of cannibals like Terminus, but the show failed to show what was so awful about it.

I agree. Stupid ending for a tangential character at best, but we are somehow supposed to be emotionally affected.

I agree. Stupid ending for a tangential character at best, but we are somehow supposed to be emotionally affected.

That was the definition of offing a character just for the sake of doing something "big" for a midseason finale. Pretty lazy writing. Beth's last line didn't even make that much sense.

Oh, and I love the reaction from Maggie who, up till last night, could not have given a fuck less about Beth.

It's like they knew they wanted to kill her off so they spent a little time last season with Daryl and the time this season trying to make you feel something for her so they could avoid killing off a popular character. Pretty familiar tactic with this show. It did not really work this time either.

I don't get the hate, I enjoyed the Beth arc.

The screwup this half season was the early killing off of the Termites and the whole Eugene crap.

Might I request less spoilery thread titles? I avoid this thread until I've caught up on all the eps and I haven't watched last night but it's not too hard to piece together what the title is referring to.

Reactions: Go
Might I request less spoilery thread titles? I avoid this thread until I've caught up on all the eps and I haven't watched last night but it's not too hard to piece together what the title is referring to.

My bad, I apologize. Won't be so spoilery next time...btw, don't get on Facebook or Twitter EVER if you haven't watched TWD live. Even AMC spoiled it at 10:01pm.

I don't think most people hated beth. She was just another character that was more of a set piece than a main one. The writer's tend to have some of those hanging around to kill off later. Watch out of one of the background role players gets in the spotlight for a few episodes because you know the writer's are just, belatedly, attempting to get the audience to care when they kill them off soon.

I just start looking forward to deaths.

The only people I don't wanna/fear their death is Rick/Michonne and Darryl. Everyone else (including Judith) is meh to me.

So at this point, the only original cast members left are Rick, Carl, Carol, and Darryl.

They're not going to kill Rick or Carl.

So either Carol or Darryl have about a season left. If they start exploring those two characters as a unit, WATCH OUT.

Edit: Forgot Glenn. He's definitely next. So maybe #CARRYL has a little longer.

So at this point, the only original cast members left are Rick, Carl, Carol, and Darryl.

They're not going to kill Rick or Carl.

So either Carol or Darryl have about a season left. If they start exploring those two characters as a unit, WATCH OUT.

Edit: Forgot Glenn. He's definitely next. So maybe #CARRYL has a little longer.

MORGAN

DOESN'T COUNT.

891.gif

Morgan being a wild card is fantastic. Great idea by Gimple/Kirkman.

The preview seemed to hold some flashbacks for the characters. I like flashbacks as long as they are like Abe's.

Glenn/Maggie are destined for a Romeo/Juliet style ending.

Back