• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

JHMD = Clarence Thomas?

Once again he proves why he doesn't have the temperment to sit on any bench.

No just another Uncle Thomas with the wrong mental makeup to be on the Supreme Court. Once again, he shows he's the least qualified person to be on the Court in my lifetime and by a wide margin.

No just another Uncle Thomas with the wrong mental makeup to be on the Supreme Court. Once again, he shows he's the least qualified person to be on the Court in my lifetime and by a wide margin.

Racist.

From the article:

"Thomas is no stranger to actual racism. Throughout his career he has been called an “Uncle Tom” — a derogatory term for a black person who is perceived as being subservient to white people–by liberals who don’t like his conservative policies."

Seen but not heard, and seen is looking pretty iffy, eh Karl?

The ugliest hate...

From the article:

"Thomas is no stranger to actual racism. Throughout his career he has been called an “Uncle Tom” — a derogatory term for a black person who is perceived as being subservient to white people–by liberals who don’t like his conservative policies."

It's not being conservative. It's about taking benefits then ruling for them to be taken away from other blacks, women and people of other races.

Maybe rather than "Uncle Thomas" I should have said, his overt and consistent hypocrisy shows he's the most qualified person to sit on the Supreme in my lifetime.

Maybe I should have brought up the fact that he refused to recuse himself from the ACA case when his wife had been paid over $500,000/year to advocate for the side of the case he voted for shows he doesn't understand what low level judges understand every day in this country.

It's not being conservative. It's about taking benefits then ruling for them to be taken away from other blacks, women and people of other races.

Maybe rather than "Uncle Thomas" I should have said, his overt and consistent hypocrisy shows he's the most qualified person to sit on the Supreme in my lifetime.

Maybe I should have brought up the fact that he refused to recuse himself from the ACA case when his wife had been paid over $500,000/year to advocate for the side of the case he voted for shows he doesn't understand what low level judges understand every day in this country.

Not sure he's interested in your endorsement.

Being alive meets the theoretical qualifications. As compared to all those on the Court since WW2, he's the least qualified.

Plus he stridently opposes AA, but the only reason he's on the court is AA. It's the epitome of hypocrisy. That's the worst thing a Justice can do.

We'd be much better off if people were more precise in their linguistic usage of affirmative action. AA applies exclusively to public institutions. The Baake case dealt with admissions to UC Davis Med School and ruled that racial quotas were unconstitutional. Nearly 40 years later it's just some weird random coincidence that every elite private university in America has student populations that closely mirror America's national demographics.

Thomas attended Holy Cross and Yale, both private schools where AA doesn't apply. He replaced Thurgood Marshall and in 1991, Thomas was considered the "best" Black conservative judge. Pretty sad, but I don't think anyone can credibly argue that Geraldine Ferraro in 1984 or Sarah Palin in 2008 were the best qualified candidates (male or female) to be Vice President. Thankfully the pipeline is much better stocked with more qualified potential Justices and Presidents/VPs of all races and genders than it was in the past. Will be fascinating to see who replaces Thomas if there's a 'Pub President at the time.

According to Thomas' own book, his acceptance at Yale was due to AA.

Thomas was admitted and graduated from college and law school before the first Supreme Court ruling on affirmative action. That being said, wouldn't be the last time he failed to grasp the nuances in court rulings. Was utterly ridiculous when Pat Buchanan disparaged Sotomayor by saying that "Sarah Palin didn't need affirmative action", without noting neither did any of the tens of thousands who attended the same schools that Palin did. The recent UT ruling was also kind of silly. The woman who was rejected by UT graduated from LSU, not Rice. In the hundreds of colleges and universities in America, only a few dozen public schools have competitive admissions. It's not like people are being denied educations by going to LSU rather than UT. Affordable housing for teachers, cops, and firemen in affluent towns makes sense, but affordable housing doesn't need to be 10,000 square foot mansions.

Being alive meets the theoretical qualifications. As compared to all those on the Court since WW2, he's the least qualified.

Plus he stridently opposes AA, but the only reason he's on the court is AA. It's the epitome of hypocrisy. That's the worst thing a Justice can do.

:eek:

Racist.

Back