• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maya Angelou Dead at 86

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got a notification from WXII. I'll try to find a link.

RIP to a great American, and a wonderful representative of WFU. Its a shame I couldn't take her class at Wake.

RIP Dr. Angelou.

Having the privilege of taking her class is one of my fondest memories of my time at Wake.

Horrible news. Prayers to all involved.

Sad news. Definitely a loss for the Wake community. She was an icon and undoubtedly the most famous faculty member Wake had. Prayers to her family and friends.

Dammit. One of my favorite classes. Wonderful person.

Wow. May she rest in peace. One of our nation's finest writers. Think she eventually got her cool drink of water.

Sad but after a bad childhood she lived a long and productive life. I didn't always agree with her politics but she was tremendously creative and eloquent. She got to see the first black president, and so many of her generation in the African American community died before that happened. She got to participate in the inauguration. She was affiliated with a top tier university! A life well lived.

Appears she died quietly and peacefully in her own home without a long painful hospital stay and a zillion tubes in her, after a long and productive life. RIP

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

Great representative of the university and a great example of how to live with grace and forgiveness. RIP, Maya.

Back