• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

Deng would be a good addition but I don't see that happening. Hornets are in a good position right now just need to make smart moves in free agency. I expect another playoff berth (since the east is terrible).

Didn't we have Livingston a season or two ago?

I would like to see Vazquez, as I think he and Kemba could play together at times.
How much is Stephenson likely to command? He is really what they need, but good Lord could that backfire.

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread (NEW COURT REVEALED AND IT'S GLORIOUS)

The pick they got was from the Pistons. it was about them sucking. The Hornets were very lucky that the Cavs jumped to #1. Otherwise they wouldn't have gotten a pick.

The Bobcats 2014 pick was Top 10 protected. Had we sucked, we absolutely would have had our own pick.

07 is right. Big Al's signing was met with some frustration because people thought he would put us in the 35 win range. A lot of fans wanted Noel and tank the 13-14 season. A lot of us were OK sucking another year ( won 7 and 21 games the prior 2 years), knowing the name change and a boost in fan support was coming in 14-15 anyway.

The Bobcats 2014 pick was Top 10 protected. Had we sucked, we absolutely would have had our own pick.

07 is right. Big Al's signing was met with some frustration because people thought he would put us in the 35 win range. A lot of fans wanted Noel and tank the 13-14 season. A lot of us were OK sucking another year ( won 7 and 21 games the prior 2 years), knowing the name change and a boost in fan support was coming in 14-15 anyway.

Yeah this.

OK....but with how the rest of the east tanked it may have been difficult to be in the Top 10 this year.

OK....but with how the rest of the east tanked it may have been difficult to be in the Top 10 this year.

Nah. Start Kemba, Hendo, MKG, Zeller, and Biyombo. That's the worst starting five in the league. You put Kemba on MCW mode and coast.

Old.gif

Let's keep this thread forward looking. Right now the Hornets have 13 million in cap room from moving Haywood. McRoberts has a 5 million dollar cap hold until he either signs with us or someone else or we renounce him. If we do renounce him because of Vonleh and Zeller we'll have 18 million in cap space.

Needs in FA:

1. Back up PG
Options (in order of probable cost): Shaun Livingston, Avery Bradley, Patty Mills, Greivis Vasquez, Steve Blake, Devin Harris, Jerryd Bayless, Aaron Brooks

2. More wing shooting, PJ is not enough on his own.
Chandler Parsons, Luol Deng, Gordon Hayward, Mike Miller, Alan Anderson

3. A mentally insane, and insanely athletic and gifted 2 guard that may or may not take the step to All Star status or the leap off the cliff into total lunacy.
Lance Stephenson

Sign Sessions to backup Kemba, try to pry Ariza away from the Wiz, and resign McRoberts would be my ideal offseason.

Let's keep this thread forward looking. Right now the Hornets have 13 million in cap room from moving Haywood. McRoberts has a 5 million dollar cap hold until he either signs with us or someone else or we renounce him. If we do renounce him because of Vonleh and Zeller we'll have 18 million in cap space.

Needs in FA:

1. Back up PG
Options (in order of probable cost): Shaun Livingston, Avery Bradley, Patty Mills, Greivis Vasquez, Steve Blake, Devin Harris, Jerryd Bayless, Aaron Brooks

2. More wing shooting, PJ is not enough on his own.
Chandler Parsons, Luol Deng, Gordon Hayward, Mike Miller, Alan Anderson

3. A mentally insane, and insanely athletic and gifted 2 guard that may or may not take the step to All Star status or the leap off the cliff into total lunacy.
Lance Stephenson

As much as he is a douchnozzle i'd love for the hornets to Grab Greivis, he's a player that could give some versatility.

Go for broke. Sign Stephenson, trade Hendo, resign CDR, Sessions, and McRoberts. That team is top 4 in the East, if Stephenson doesn't destroy everything immediately. And if he does, trade him.

Starters: Kemba-Lance-MKG-McBob-Al
2nd unit: Sessions-Neal-CDR-Zeller-Biz
Plug and play: Rookie PG-Hairston-Taylor-Vonleh-Bachynski (or some other summer league big)

I would be very surprised if Vonleh isn't starting my Xmas or maybe even sooner.

I would be very surprised if Vonleh isn't starting my Xmas or maybe even sooner.

I'd be very, very surprised if that happened. First off, if they resign McBob, which I believe they will, then Josh is the starter and that's not changing barring injury. Clifford loves everything McBob does on the court, and a 19-year-old rookie isn't taking those minutes. Beyond that, he'd have to overtake Zeller on the depth chart at PF, which is certainly possible, but I expect Noah to have the same strength/system problems that Cody dealt with in the first half of last season. He's a raw recruit. He's skinny and unpolished. I absolutely love the pick, but anyone expecting Vonleh to just waltz in and start in the NBA as a 4/5 is seriously underestimating what it takes to play NBA ball. Vonleh is 1-2 years away from being a solid contributor, most likely. And that's fine. That's what they bought, and the price was excellent.

PJ has a better chance of starting than Vonleh, but I really don't see that either. Rookie starters typically mean your team is bad. Clifford will play a vet like Henderson first, simply because he understands everything expected of him and guards well. Clifford has been very vocal that he doesn't equate minutes to player development, or think that young players are usually ready for a big workload.

Strength is one of Vonleh's biggest positives. He's 6'9, 247 already.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back