• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

Agree with everybody - what an awesome draft for the Hornets! Spurs killed it, too. My BOY Slo Mo! Is it just me, or did most teams do a great job in this draft? I can't remember a better executed draft.

Agree with everybody - what an awesome draft for the Hornets! Spurs killed it, too. My BOY Slo Mo! Is it just me, or did most teams do a great job in this draft? I can't remember a better executed draft.

The Wizards were awful but yeah, it seemed like every team made a defensible pick. We will see how it works out but their certainly weren't any notable Anthony Bennetts in this draft that I can think of off the top of my head.

I like the ULL kid that ended up in Orlando but don't like what Orlando gave up to get him. A future first for Orlando could be top 10 again easy.

Hornets were Jalen's biggest draft winner.

It was one of the most talented drafts in a decade. That helps.

BTW, we shipped our 2nd rounders for cap space already. Didn't see that discussed. So we get BPA in Vonleh who could be a flat out stud, much needed shooting and depth at SG with PJ, and we cleared a couple mil for FAs. Good work.

I like the ULL kid that ended up in Orlando but don't like what Orlando gave up to get him. A future first for Orlando could be top 10 again easy.

It was Philly's first as I understand it. They gave it up in the Bynum-DA-wight deal a couple years back.

Love the draft...only wish we would've kept Christon though. He was a great value pick there and would've been a good backup to Kemba. Oh well. Guess they want a vet behind Kemba.

But if you would've told me before the draft we'd get Vonleh, Hairston, AND clear 2 million in cap space, I would've taken that in a heartbeat. Great job by the front office (and great luck those guys fell to us).

Love the draft...only wish we would've kept Christon though. He was a great value pick there and would've been a good backup to Kemba. Oh well. Guess they want a vet behind Kemba.

But if you would've told me before the draft we'd get Vonleh, Hairston, AND clear 2 million in cap space, I would've taken that in a heartbeat. Great job by the front office (and great luck those guys fell to us).

The 2nd round moves represent a commitment to winning now which I like. It's naive to think any 2nd round pick is more than a coin flip, so the cap space will have a much more significant impact.

The 2nd round moves represent a commitment to winning now which I like. It's naive to think any 2nd round pick is more than a coin flip, so the cap space will have a much more significant impact.
Depends on what vet they get. If they end up rolling with someone like Luke Ridnour again, I'd rather roll the dice on Christon because we know for a fact Ridnour fucking sucks. But we'll see who they go with behind Kemba.

I thought they kept Christon, no? I was half asleep at the time so certainly could be wrong, but wasn't Powell the 2nd rounder that they traded away with Haywood's contract? Or did they dump both of them?

I thought they kept Christon, no? I was half asleep at the time so certainly could be wrong, but wasn't Powell the 2nd rounder that they traded away with Haywood's contract? Or did they dump both of them?

The traded Powell to get rid of Brendan Haywood and open up 2 million in cap space, they sold Christon to the Thunder for cash.

The NBA needs to do a better job of getting these trades in and approved earlier to avoid situations like the Napier interview.

And a lot of people went to bed thinking their team picked one guy to find out it was part of a prearranged trade.

They got the gift of the draft when Vonleh fell to them.

The NBA needs to do a better job of getting these trades in and approved earlier to avoid situations like the Napier interview.

And a lot of people went to bed thinking their team picked one guy to find out it was part of a prearranged trade.

It's tough to keep up with a TV broadcast, but follow Woj on Twitter, and you'll know all you need to know nearly instantly.

No smokescren. No one thought Vonleh would make it to #9. Some had the Sixers taking him at #3. I didn't see any mock draft with him reaching #9.

It's tough to keep up with a TV broadcast, but follow Woj on Twitter, and you'll know all you need to know nearly instantly.

Sure but it should come out of Adam Silver's mouth before a kid has to do an awkward interview.

Yeah doesn't the NFL have a similar cap-approval process with trades? Yet they announce theirs before the picks are made. I get that the NFL contracts are not guaranteed so the cap is less crucial at draft time, but it is still just plugging data into a computer that would spit back the answer in 5 seconds, even if the program is more complicated with the NBA cap.

No one knew Napier was traded until after the pick was in, not even Woj. It was feasible Charlotte was keeping him. It was released simultaneously with the pick and Jay Williams broke the news to him in the interview. I don't see how you avoid situations like that because you can't put an artificial deadline on announcement of trades. Last night was just extra crazy because there was a lot of movement.

Back