• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Democratic Candidates for POTUS, 2016 edition

What are the current odds of HRC becoming the next president? I hold firm that a good bet is for her not to win.

What? Are you out of your mind? RJKarl called that a stone cold lock months ago. Sorry, I couldn't resist. However, I do think she is by far the safest bet today.

I guess she is a "good bet" since you still get slightly better than 50/50 odds on her. I got her at +180 like five months ago for $50.

The fact that Bernie freaking Sanders is giving her a scare should say something. A good bet would be Biden over her...what kind of odds can you get on that? She is an awful candidate...really says a lot about the American field (regardless of party) that she is the front runner.

Sanders isn't giving her a scare. Biden would have even less support. Cmon man.

The fact that Bernie freaking Sanders is giving her a scare should say something. A good bet would be Biden over her...what kind of odds can you get on that? She is an awful candidate...really says a lot about the American field (regardless of party) that she is the front runner.

The Nate Silver article from last week addresses to almost a T the comment you had about Biden AND Sanders. The statistics and evidence indicate that Bernie's boost is due to him not her, and it's a logical fallacy to conclude that Biden would be giving her a run based on his own numbers.

Bernie is taking advantage of the far left's move to be more like the far right. More ideological less pragmatic.

Bernie is taking advantage of the far left's move to be more like the far right. More ideological less pragmatic.

That's not happening.

I wonder how Mark Warner would fare in this field. I get the feeling that a lot of Dems don't want to upset the apple cart by declaring.

Definitely. They're getting on board with Hillary and hoping for either a spot in her administrator or support in their reelection bids.

Stahp digging. We can't even see your head anymore.

far left has always been ideological in the primaries. they just quickly go back to pragmatism once the general starts.

I wonder how Mark Warner would fare in this field. I get the feeling that a lot of Dems don't want to upset the apple cart by declaring.

defs true

Hell, the other Democrat women in the Senate signed a pledge to not run against Hilary! Just bizarre.

From The Times article:

"Two inspectors general have asked the Justice Department to open a criminal investigation into whether sensitive government information was mishandled in connection with the personal email account Hillary Rodham Clinton used as secretary of state, senior government officials said Thursday.

The request follows an assessment in a June 29 memo by the inspectors general for the State Department and the intelligence agencies that Mrs. Clinton’s private account contained “hundreds of potentially classified emails.” The memo was written to Patrick F. Kennedy, the under secretary of state for management."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/24/u...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

From The Times article:

"Two inspectors general have asked the Justice Department to open a criminal investigation into whether sensitive government information was mishandled in connection with the personal email account Hillary Rodham Clinton used as secretary of state, senior government officials said Thursday.

The request follows an assessment in a June 29 memo by the inspectors general for the State Department and the intelligence agencies that Mrs. Clinton’s private account contained “hundreds of potentially classified emails.” The memo was written to Patrick F. Kennedy, the under secretary of state for management."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/24/u...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Of course, this story is total bullshit.

http://www.salon.com/2015/07/24/ano...my_of_the_new_york_times_epic_email_screw_up/

Back