• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

I want guys who want to be here. To ditch Wake to go to Mizzo is pure stupidity. If you don't think you are good enough to beat out the guys who are here, then you certainly aren't going to be in the NFL, so you are stuck with a Univ of Mo degree which is not worth much outside of Kansas and Mo. What an idiot. Finally Mizzo is not a great football school. Guess the kid just decided he could not compete in the ACC and we are better off with him leaving. Give more kids like Cade Carney. He knew he could compete and came here and showed us all

I want guys who want to be here. To ditch Wake to go to Mizzo is pure stupidity. If you don't think you are good enough to beat out the guys who are here, then you certainly aren't going to be in the NFL, so you are stuck with a Univ of Mo degree which is not worth much outside of Kansas and Mo. What an idiot. Finally Mizzo is not a great football school. Guess the kid just decided he could not compete in the ACC and we are better off with him leaving. Give more kids like Cade Carney. He knew he could compete and came here and showed us all

Preach!

Mizzou is in the SEC. He'll play some pretty good defenses. Keep trying though Bud. At least you didn't start a thread on it.

94, do you have an answer to my previous question of if it was a "secret OV" because he didn't want to confront Clawson about it and tell him directly how badly he's screwing him over? I'm really interested in the secret part.

Clawson is the fucking real deal this off season. Not sitting on a what could have been season and beating a shitty team in a bowl game. He's making great hires, changing things and moving the ball. He's smart as a whip and hates to lose. I don't give a fuck who comes or who doesn't. This coach is a fucking winner. I don't give a shit about one or two candy assed Prima Donna recruits that want to ride pine for Notre Dame etc. and fuck you too Elko. Our miserable fan base is populated by pussies.
This.

94, do you have an answer to my previous question of if it was a "secret OV" because he didn't want to confront Clawson about it and tell him directly how badly he's screwing him over? I'm really interested in the secret part.

Secret OVs seem reasonably common and often involve a recruit that wants to investigate a potential flip but doesn't want to risk getting his scholarship pulled by his current school. I guess a recruit could also ask that his OV remain quiet if he didn't want to upset a coach or fanbase.

In this case, it seems like Powell may have made the visit without an offer. If he hadn't have received the offer and committed, we likely wouldn't have known that he made the visit.

We can speculate, but we don't know whether he informed the Wake staff before taking a visit. It seems unlikely, but it remains possible that he was transparent with the staff.

National 247 writer Ryan Bartow has weighed in with a second crystal ball prediction of Raheem Layne to Wake. Momentum is building here.

Speaking of Hartman:

@CitizenJP: Big HS news: Davidson Day QB Sam Hartman (3733yds, 45TDs as a junior) has enrolled at Hough. Will play senior season for the Huskies

Hope he has been putting on weight as the surgery really set back his physique. Waffle House for breakfast and Bojangles for lunch and dinner, should do the trick. We will be fine without Powell the pussy

We'll be fine without Powell

And I'm now a Troy fan. Tell it bro.

With Powell flaking out, does that mean we're likely to take two QBs in the 2018 class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back