• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Regular Season Wins For 2015-16 Wake Forest Basketball?

How Many Regular Season Wins For 2015-16 Wake Forest Basketball?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm having a hard time coming up with more than 14 or 15, would love to be wrong though.

I'm having a hard time coming up with more than 14 or 15, would love to be wrong though.
I counted 16 games I thought were winnable and I thought I was being pretty generous with some of them. Throw in the occasional upset and some unexpected losses and that's the best I could imagine given this schedule. That OOC schedule is nasty, but hopefully it will pay off down the road.

Not voting yet, but at first glance, I come up w/ 18-12, 9-9 in the ACC.

16-17 wins more likely, but I'm feeling optimistic today.

18 wins assumes 9-3 non-conference (3 losses being 2 of 3 games in Maui and @LSU). We probably drop another 1-2 I'm not factoring in. In the ACC, I think we can win 2-3 road games and probably lose the same amount at home (Duke, NCSU, UVA).

Good to see that jaybone is still alive.

I said 15...there are another handful I wouldn't be shocked for us to win, but I also can't expect us to clean up every game I do think we'll win. Hopefully it's closer to 20.

If it weren't such a tough schedule I would say 19 or 20 but I feel optimistic saying 17.

I haven't really researched how good some of the mid-tier ACC schools are going to be this year, but assuming that they are all within say 25% =/- their respective talent levels last year, I have a hard time coming up with more than 16/17. 19/20 would have to include some great wins.

What do some of you think our record will be in out of conference games alone? We have 12 out of conference games, I can see us going 8-4 in those games.

What do some of you think our record will be in out of conference games alone? We have 12 out of conference games, I can see us going 8-4 in those games.
At least 4 Ls. 7-5 most likely in my opinion.

I went with 14 wins. This schedule is BRUTAL. Hoping for more, but when you break it down game by game, there are very few cupcake wins.

At least 4 Ls. 7-5 most likely in my opinion.

I think a lot of those losses are coming in the Invitational. Thankfully LSU is the only true road game that should be difficult, Rutgers and Bucknell should be wins. And then we get everyone else we get at home which should help out in the games against Richmond, Arkansas, and Xavier.

I am not and have never been a sunshine brigade guy, but I am optimistic on this season even w/ the tougher schedule and CMM injury. I think if Manning is the right guy, we're going to see significant progress in all things this year, including won/loss.

Like I wrote earlier in the thread, 16-17 wins probably seems more likely given the schedule, but I think we will somehow come up with 18 (or more).

One final bump for those who haven't voted. Poll closes Friday.

Probably be worth re-starting since we effectively have 7 scholarship players for the foreseeable future. That changes a lot.

Back