• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 4 NFL Thread: Refs are DUMB and other obvious observations

The Lions defense is 11 scrubs

Ansah and Slay are good. We miss Levy a lot.

Defense isn't really the main problem. OL and the run game. And Stafford is my least favorite athlete on earth.

You think he's worse?

Stafford, Megatron, or both?

I think Stafford has always been a mediocre QB playing with a great WR who could even make Reggie Ball look decent. Megatron's injuries and age have been taking their toll. He's in decline and Stafford is, too.

Never, ever blame Megatron. He may have lost a step but there's never an excuse for overthrowing one of the craziest physical specimens in league history. And Stafford does it a lot.

Stafford, Megatron, or both?

I think Stafford has always been a mediocre QB playing with a great WR who could even make Reggie Ball look decent. Megatron's injuries and age have been taking their toll. He's in decline and Stafford is, too.
Reggie Ball, eh?

And here I go bitching again, but I'm sorry, the NFL product just isn't very good this year. Yawn.

Ayo, what do you think the chances are that your boys run the regular season table?

Fire Caldwell, promote Austin. Guarantee we'd have more success.

Caldwell, a great offensive coach throughout his career?

It sounds dumb, but I really think Caldwell is just too nice. No mean streak, no disciplining, no fire.

congrats to my BOI BJ Daniels on his first NFL reception. <3 <3 <3

And here I go bitching again, but I'm sorry, the NFL product just isn't very good this year. Yawn.

With the NFL making so much money, I don't think they have any interest in fixing the problems either.

Huge momentum shifting turnover with the Lions getting the ball on Seattle's side of the field. Next thing you know it's 3rd and 23.

What a joke.

It sounds dumb, but I really think Caldwell is just too nice. No mean streak, no disciplining, no fire.

It's not dumb. Wake people have been saying that for over 20 years.

With the NFL making so much money, I don't think they have any interest in fixing the problems either.

They can fix pace, but there's too much money to make in the time there isn't action on the field.

I'm not sure what they can do about the lack of QB talent and the disposable nature of RBs. Those positions have declined significantly in quality and star power over the last 20-30 years.

But it's not really a big problem due to fantasy and DFS. Every QB and RB is a "star" to some extent. The DFS boom just bought them a few more years of complacency.

Last edited:
Thanks Donk Wilson for making this game somewhat exciting.

Back