• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 4 NFL Thread: Refs are DUMB and other obvious observations

Steelers doing a helluva job trying to save the Ravens' season

Not a horrible decision, but the execution was horrific.

I like not just running the ball on 3rd/4th and short -- but not when your QB is Vick and your RB is Bell

Feels like short yardage runs are getting stuffed more this year than ever.

Tomlin should get crushed in the presser. Ridiculous.

Feels like short yardage runs are getting stuffed more this year than ever.

Possibly. The big problem was giving the Ravens too much time on the clock by not running before the 2 min warning. Running may not guarantee you to get the first down, but it does guarantee your opponent burns a timeout or it runs clock.

Mike Vick just sucks. An NFL QB, backup or not, needs to make that 4th down throw.

Season saving win for Ravens. Beat the Browns and they are 2-1 in the division. Dumb call for Harbs to go for it on 4th early. It was pretty clear the Steelers O was pretty anemic. Whatever a W is a W.

Season saving win for Ravens. Beat the Browns and they are 2-1 in the division. Dumb call for Harbs to go for it on 4th early. It was pretty clear the Steelers O was pretty anemic. Whatever a W is a W.

Depends how long Smith and Camp are out. I don't even feel good about the Browns with Smith, Camp, Gilmore and Perriman out. Aiken is an alright possession guy, but Brown sucks, and Waller is raw. Also need to get Monroe back in there.

Depends how long Smith and Camp are out. I don't even feel good about the Browns with Smith, Camp, Gilmore and Perriman out. Aiken is an alright possession guy, but Brown sucks, and Waller is raw. Also need to get Monroe back in there.

Missed it, what happened with Smith and Camp?

Missed it, what happened with Smith and Camp?

Camp lowered his head and tried to get extra yards. Apparently, he was in a wheelchair in way to team bus. Hope he's okay. Smith took a helmet to the back and was out with a "back contusion" but it sounds like it's worse than that.

Tomlin gave that game away

Agree. And if they can't get Vick more prepared for a game than that, the whole offensive staff needs to rethink things. He looked like the quarterback version of Josh Harris.

And this is coming from a Pittsburgh Pirates fan.

Vick was fine for who he is ... a 2nd/3rd string QB who they signed in training camp at a scrapheap price and who is forced into duty because of injury. The problem is people (Tomlin included) expecting him to be Vick from 10 years ago. It is like when people were expecting Mike Tyson to come out and just crush people after his layoff, or when people now think Tiger is going to dominate any given tourney. What you saw last night is who Mike Vick is. Vick put them in a position to win the game until Tomlin asked him to do more than he is currently capable of. You can't expect a backup QB to do much more than that (hell, many starting QBs can't do that).

You expect your backup quarterback to give you a reasonable chance to win the game. And I guess he did that, but when the game got tight in the fourth quarter and OT, Vick look completely unprepared.

Official Week 4 NFL Thread: Hurricane Party

I feel really bad for Scobee. He's such a nice guy. Jags fans loved him.

The day after he was traded they interviewed him on the Jags station and he mentioned it was going to be more challenging to kick in that stadium.

I don't care if he missed two already. On 4th down in OT you try for the field goal.

I feel really bad for Scobee. He's such a nice guy. Jags fans loved him.

The day after he was traded they interviewed him on the Jags station and he mentioned it was going to be more challenging to kick in that stadium.

I don't care if he missed two already. On 4th down in OT you try for the field goal.

Totally agree. What are the odds of him missing three in a row anyway ?

Back