• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 4 NFL Thread: Refs are DUMB and other obvious observations

Luck might be Bestbrook or maybe John Wall

Sam Bradford is Jose Calderon

The "just break the goal line with the tip of the ball" rule is so fucking stupid

but WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "just break the goal line with the tip of the ball" rule is so fucking stupid

but WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

What rule would you have? You want full penetration?

It is a better rule than offsides in soccer

Official Week 4 NFL Thread: 14 Hours of Football

That is the soccer rule...

There's no hand obscuring the entire ball in soccer and somebody is trying to bat it away. Much easier to enforce a full penetration rule in soccer whereas football should only require the tip.

Every time I watch Browner play I think about that amazing clip of him straight murdering three Cardinals on a punt return. Dude is a maniac.

29f0383dcc46015125c400bf5111b7f3.jpg

the break the plane rule is great. Soccer has had huge trouble determining if goals actually cross the line all the way since the sport began. And i appreciate that it's a very, very clear rule instead of say what a catch is

What rule would you have? You want full penetration?

It is a better rule than offsides in soccer

That is the soccer rule...

There's no hand obscuring the entire ball in soccer and somebody is trying to bat it away. Much easier to enforce a full penetration rule in soccer whereas football should only require the tip.

the break the plane rule is great. Soccer has had huge trouble determining if goals actually cross the line all the way since the sport began. And i appreciate that it's a very, very clear rule instead of say what a catch is

Considering this version of football is a take off of rugby and not the other version of football, I don't really get these posts.

IMO, for it to be a touchdown the ball should have to completely cross over the line and remain in control of the player all the way to the ground. You know, he could like touch the ball down or something...

Back